Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Browse Page!

Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    a month or 2, i honestly do not know where you are getting your numbers from lol

i just said a 4 gig torrent with no leechers will take you 112 hours, with leechers a lot less, and that includes how long it takes you to download it.

112 hours = 4 1/2 days of seeding.

that to me does not equate to a month or 2. lol

well your ratio on that torrent is 1.7 you dont get SP after you get to 1.0

so your point is?

The torrent ratio requirement = failed. I'm planning on seeding this until I've met the ratio requirement, at the very least. It appears that would be 20:1. It could be years.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    lol why dont you pay somebody with a degree in marketing to make crappy games and old torrents desirable?

maybe you should adopt googles page rank algorithm and start sponsoring torrents or using pay per click or adsense or something like that. this way you can ensure even the shitties of games get a fair shake at being downloaded.

after the initial popularity due to anticipation, games are just like anything else. the only real solution is to force users to bring something to the table and the referral system may be a decent platform to get things going. you can make it a requirement for people to post their top 5 games in their profile when they sign up and use that to make a top 50 list or something. but ultimately, you cant make people do anything they dont want to do.

i set the browse page on trackers to show 100 torrents per page
    Why so serious?

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Are they prescription?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    a month or 2, i honestly do not know where you are getting your numbers from lol

i just said a 4 gig torrent with no leechers will take you 112 hours, with leechers a lot less, and that includes how long it takes you to download it.

112 hours = 4 1/2 days of seeding.

that to me does not equate to a month or 2. lol

well your ratio on that torrent is 1.7 you dont get SP after you get to 1.0

so your point is?

The torrent ratio requirement = failed. I'm planning on seeding this until I've met the ratio requirement, at the very least. It appears that would be 20:1. It could be years.
    Ok i will try to explain this in plain English.

20:1 is not the torrent ratio, it is the ratio of seeders to leechers before you get SP.

so if a torrent has 21 seeders and 1 leecher you get SP.

If it has got 19 seeders and 3 leechers, you do not get SP.

We do not expect everyone to seed every torrent till 20:1 that would just be silly to the extreme.

@kooftspc11

This was not just about BCG, but as usual every thread i ever create about the general torrent protocol comes back to BCG, my initial thread was a general assumption over every tracker, not just us.
    Last edited by stoi; 08-26-2008 at 09:45 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    stoi, I think going back and recycling torrents is the only way to do it, unless you create a section just for those recycled torrents; I know I don't go back and download much usually. I think it is a hard thing, because some sites really are good at retention, yours included from my experience and I don't think all sites are really meant to be an archive like that. Idk how else to suggest it but you're certainly trying to fix what you realize is an issue by using the right methods I think.

ps Eargasm is apparently a retard.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post

Ok i will try to explain this in plain English.

20:1 is not the torrent ratio, it is the ratio of seeders to leechers before you get SP.

so if a torrent has 21 seeders and 1 leecher you get SP.

If it has got 19 seeders and 3 leechers, you do not get SP.

We do not expect everyone to seed every torrent till 20:1 that would just be silly to the extreme.

@kooftspc11

This was not just about BCG, but as usual every thread i ever create about the general torrent protocol comes back to BCG, my initial thread was a general assumption over every tracker, not just us.
    OK. So at this time, in utorrent, it says that my actual ratio is 1.1:1

At what exactly point in time does the ratio requirement = passed?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    if your torrent on BCG says anything above 1.0 ratio, then you have passed the ratio requirement.

you cannot take what utorrent says as gospel, because you may have got .7 of that ratio with SP, so now you have a 1.7 ratio on that torrent.

You can keep seeding it if you like, but you do not have to if you do not want to.

you can even stop it and come back later when it is needing seeds.

as long as you have a 1 ratio according to the tracker, thats all we ask for, if you do want a 1 ratio according to your client, you will have to upload to leechers.

likewise if you want PU or SPU you have to work at it a bit.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    ^ yeah.

they didn't built Rome in one day

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    blah, I get it now.

the torrent ratio "failure" is actually a good thing in my case.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    crumble6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You want torrents to stay alive longer, and members want a SP mod that gives a ratio of above 1.00, so why not combine the two?

I'm not sure how much difference it would make really, but you could do something like change the seedpoint mod so that it starts giving a ratio of above 1.00 on torrents that are over 4 weeks old. I know you were discussing something similar to this a while back, but I can't remember what became of that.

A few trackers have picks of the week. If you chose say 10 older torrents per week, and gave members some sort of bonus for leeching on them (not FL, I know you hate it ) it would probably encourage people. Of course this will only work on those few torrents though, not all the ones on the tracker.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast