Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: The Browse Page!

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    one way is to split the browse section into something like "News" and "Archive", like they have it on SweDVDR.. I don't know the timeframe before they are transferred into the archive section, but atleast it gives you two browse lists. Say for example on BCG you could have a timeframe of for example 1 month in the "new games" section and then they are transferred over.

When i look on SweDVR, the old torrents gets alot and alot of new hits when they are newly transferred because then they are at the top again.

I'm not sure how much this would help in the long run though because very soon, the torrents at the top of the archive will fade away on the later pages anyways.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Maybe you should just give uploaders the ability to bump/recycle their own torrents every 3 days or something.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    To be honest I think you should consider implementing a few of these things and then weed out the weak links. That way you can see what works.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    shutdk's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Make a script that will sort all active torrents totally random. I don't think that's even hard to code, is it?

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    DarkLured's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    For most trackers, I rarely go past the first page, though I also have torrents per page" set to 100 wherever possible so I can see a good selection. On general/0-day trackers like TL, this is all that is really required for me to keep up with what's available. For other sites, I like to use "top 10" features when they're offered (e.g., Waffles, What, TB), and for sites I don't visit too often (e.g., KG, CG) I'll sometimes just sort by seeders to see what's been popular.

As for bringing attention to older torrents, you could do some twist on KG's bumping system. KG bumps unseeded torrents of a certain age and seems to bump others as well (but not sure how the others are picked).

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Simple

Split the browse torrents page up into 'New' (Say anything upped within the past month) and Archive (everything else_.

Keep the New page sorted by date up upload, but in the archive section have the torrents sorted completely randomly, so if you refresh the browse page you'll get a new page 1.

Keeps the people wanting only the newest stuff happy, and the people just looking for something random to download also happy.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If a game is bad noone is going to download it and therefore there wont be any seeders. Some things are just poorly made and arnt worth the bandwith

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345