Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Just me or is it becoming almost impossible to seed at SCT and FTN?

BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Basically there has been a sea change in torrents and seedboxes are a primary reason. You're right about that Nemrod.

Over/under on "users" inevitable ban?

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    having a gigabit box will have to be the norm in the future,,,:]

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Generally, I don't steal stuff from first page in browse.php. For one thing, i don't refresh browse php every other second or use RRS or mIRC script. For another, there usually are 10 other groups releasing the same stuff within a day....i like to have variety of option....clicky the quality one.

Perhaps that has somethign to do with me never (well, almost never) being able to seed back 1:1 on scene trackers (that including ScT and FTN). Most peeps just jump on first page...that is, if torrentz go in second page...there is almost no new leechers (unless the release is amazingly popular).

Comparing the two, FTN and ScT, i usually am able to seedback more over ScT...prolly got to do something with more peers. At FTN i usually do not cross 0.7 or even 0.5 individual ratio :-\ Regardless, FTN is where i get all (well, almost all) scene releases from :cheeky:

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post

God knows what will happen if OVH starts selling to the USA
    HAHA best point so far! That would be private tracker holy hell if that happens

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Even with seedbox's I have it hard to seed at both FTN and SCT.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 08-29-2008 at 09:52 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    FTN is kinda tough, but with the "new" rules its a piece of cake
    SCT I don't know since I'm not a member there
    on another hand Bitmetv should be mentioned, to maintain a good ratio there is a f*cking nightmare

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    flashback3r's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    I think it's rather hard to seed on sct. but i don't see that as a problem, i like when there's many seeders. the problem is the ratio rule when there are many seeders, I think it's you should seed as much as possible and that's it. So I'm against ratio really, but it only works when all members are good
    RIP Swebits <3

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by SchiZZo View Post
    on another hand Bitmetv should be mentioned, to maintain a good ratio there is a f*cking nightmare
    +1 BMTV is a pain in the ass.

Well it can be easy if you want to grab everything elsewhere, unrar it, and seed it at BMTV. I used to do that, but it got kinda annoying. Now I just use BMTV for stuff I cant find elsewhere.

As for the two trackers in question, yeah thay can be a pain to get to 1:1.

To the OP: Dont worry so much about that individual torrent ratio. The people that know you, know that you are sharing the best your connection (or current situation) allows you to .
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456