Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ovh now....

integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    It's great news for newcomers that they didn't keep the price.

But I'm waiting to see the prices that USA consumers end up getting for Kimsufis, if it's even offered to them.

they didn't built Rome in one day

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    mmikz0's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Oh, glad they put kimsurf back to no setup fee, i may be getting one when/IF they allow my country
    aim: cmmaster3

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    YAY thank you ovh!

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    KaySterling's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by crumble6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kareemamir View Post
    Quite cheap for the 1Gbps!
    Amazing value! Bad news if everyone starts getting these though, it's hard enough to seed on most trackers as it is, and that's coming from someone who already has a seedbox!
    139£ + 49£ for the 1GBPS is still quite a sum, i don't think very many "normal" torrent users will pay that price every month,just to be in the top of the lists.
    So i wouldn't worry too much, 100/100 still does the trick and beyond.

And with some simple tricks to catch torrents immediately upon arrival its easy to build ratio, at least on the sites i have in mind.

Im glad OVH dismissed the setup fee for the cheap ones.
    Now lets hope they open up the dedicated servers for some new countries!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    I emailed OVH regarding their servers in other countrys than who they sell to now and this was their response :-

In mid-september we may be able to make the servers available in more counties, please check with us then.

So hopefully come mid september there should be a few more countrys they resell too

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    KaySterling's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bammers View Post
    I emailed OVH regarding their servers in other countrys than who they sell to now and this was their response :-

In mid-september we may be able to make the servers available in more counties, please check with us then.

So hopefully come mid september there should be a few more countrys they resell too
    Thanks for letting us know man!
    Sounds really good, im hoping Sweden is one of those countries.

I read a thread here(i think) someone wrote down a quote by OVH i believe that said something about not opening up
    their dedicated servers for more countries.. anything else but not the dedicated.
    I don't know, maybe it weren't OVH at all who had written it or maybe it got interpreted wrong.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by KaySterling View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bammers View Post

Thanks for letting us know man!
    Sounds really good, im hoping Sweden is one of those countries.

I read a thread here(i think) someone wrote down a quote by OVH i believe that said something about not opening up
    their dedicated servers for more countries.. anything else but not the dedicated.
    I don't know, maybe it weren't OVH at all who had written it or maybe it got interpreted wrong.

Well, I'll past below their entire response hope it might clear it up a bit. \

Email back from OVH :-

First of all I'd like to thank you for your interest in OVH services, however we cannot garauntee our SLA and quality of service of the dedicated servers in countries that are not on our list here: http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/cadre/disponibilite.xml. In mid-september we may be able to make the servers available in more counties, please check with us then.

If you have any questions at all regarding our other services, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards, <name removed>.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I assume not offering the same "quality of service" equates to not being unlimited bandwidth. Not sure though, we'll just have to wait a couple more weeks and find out.

they didn't built Rome in one day

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    bammers's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, I doubt there coming to Australia.... all I want to do is buy a server from them !! Don't care where its hosted or what SLA's are tied to it damnnnit!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    I assume not offering the same "quality of service" equates to not being unlimited bandwidth. Not sure though, we'll just have to wait a couple more weeks and find out.
    I can understand about other countries, but Sweden of all places?When it comes to broadband Sweden must be the pioneer, or at least among the leading countries.If you can't find a decent carrier/data center in Sweden, you can't find one anywhere.

Anyway, if OVH decide to offer their services in a country they will offer unlimited bandwidth, or they won't at all.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast