Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow Some Repubs Just Spin and Spin and Spin

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I know exactly what he was talking about as he has used it many times . I just thought after the Pitbull /Hockey Mom quote it was in poor taste .

Let me rephrase that after Senator Palins quote about being a soccer mom is like a Pitbull with lipstick . You get the drift ...
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-10-2008 at 02:41 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    I know exactly what he was talking about as he has used it many times . I just thought after the Pitbull /Hockey Mom quote it was in poor taste .

Let me rephrase that after Senator Palins quote about being a soccer mom is like a Pitbull with lipstick . You get the drift ...

Assuming the lipstick/pitball comment actually is relevant, he was saying Palin is the lipstick, not the pig. Is that offensive then?
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 09-10-2008 at 02:53 AM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    I'm not a white female voter , I'd ask them . The point I was painfully trying to make was , who writes his speeches ? Open mouth and insert foot , is a hell of a way to run a campaign . I'm not trying to funny but just find American politics so much more interesting than say Canadien or Euro .

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    惡魔的提倡者
    Obama apparently writes a lot of his own speeches, although I have no doubt there is a group effort organizing talking points and phrases for campaign stumps.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    McCain himself used the exact same phrase to describe Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's health care plan just last year. "I think they put some lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig."

People are forgetting its a whole new ballgame , first black nominee , woman running mate . What a debate that would be , Biden / Paulin , interesting like I said .

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    惡魔的提倡者

People are forgetting its a whole new ballgame , first black nominee , woman running mate . What a debate that would be , Biden / Paulin , interesting like I said .
    I can't deny that it is historic for what it is but I'm personally of the opinion that it doesn't speak so well for us that we are celebrating such things as firsts in the year 2008.
    Gender or skin color have nothing to do with ability. What counts is the brain inside the head.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post

I can't deny that it is historic for what it is but I'm personally of the opinion that it doesn't speak so well for us that we are celebrating such things as firsts in the year 2008.
    Gender or skin color have nothing to do with ability. What counts is the brain inside the head.
    True enough.

Whose brain do you prefer.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Yes, some Republicans spin and spin, and some Democrats spin and spin.

There are twits on both sides.
    Sorry but in this campaign, it's been rather one-sided. I have heard some shit about Palin which is false but it didn't come from anyone of note.

This stuff is from Rove, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh ffs.

Did they attend the same meeting or some shit?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Who in Obama's camp ok'd the 'Lipstick on a Pig' Comment ? Hey I'm dumb but that was a no brainer .
    Lipstick on a pig is an old saying. I'm sure the McCain camp knew that but went for the fake outrage for the stupid.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20

That wasn't poor taste.

If anything, it was bad timing to use a correct saying.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast