Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Solution To Kazaa 2.4.2 Not Connecting

BANNED
    Originally posted by jstevans@8 October 2003 - 09:52
    Musleman asked "is your no connect on klite or your downloads??"

Klite connects OK, searches seem to run fine. But when I tell it to download it "tries" but fails to connect. I can see the "user name" briefly appear in that column but it vanishes in seconds and I get "more soruces" displayed.

I do not have a firewall running and nothing I can think of changed between using 2.0 and upgrading to 2.4.3.

Thanks for your help.
    your problem might be your file try pauseing all download and search for van halen's right now, wait untill you have 30 or more sources and then pick it for download and tell me what you get
    @throwaway great catch, for the rest of the people please let us know these details as we have no way of knowing how you are connected and we go by you being connect from a modem and hope that you have tried this before you came here, so always try the simplest why of connecting (strait from pc to modem to internet with no firewall) and if that does not work then come here and let us know, other wise please inform us of such details.

now for you two with proxy where did you update your list from??

2. File Sharing   -   #112
    I think I too can be of help here to solve the problem described in the subject.

You guys really surprise me!

It might be because the thread is simply too large that i OVERLOOKED it, but did anyone of you already mention the possibility red-cross button in Kazupernodes?

The red-cross button is *NOT* available in Kazupernodes v1.2.1 build 6, but is in the test build 1.4.6!
    Don't be irritated by "test build", this is an EXCELLENT version that only seldom crashes!
    So if you can't connect, use this button. It hasn't "saved my P2P life" less than 50 times already.

3. File Sharing   -   #113
    BANNED
    Originally posted by globalplayer@9 October 2003 - 17:52
    I think I too can be of help here to solve the problem described in the subject.

You guys really surprise me!

It might be because the thread is simply too large that i OVERLOOKED it, but did anyone of you already mention the possibility red-cross button in Kazupernodes?

The red-cross button is *NOT* available in Kazupernodes v1.2.1 build 6, but is in the test build 1.4.6!
    Don't be irritated by "test build", this is an EXCELLENT version that only seldom crashes!
    So if you can't connect, use this button. It hasn't "saved my P2P life" less than 50 times already.
    yes we have already covered that the red cross wont help you if you can't connect and get the 0000 ips

4. File Sharing   -   #114
    works for me in most cases tho

not kidding you...
    maybe it's bad karma

seriously though, there were times when even quitting and restarting Kazaa didn't help ... but then I used the INITIAL SuperList and usually got one (yes, only one) supernode to connect, but this worked to get the current list again after doing a refresh ...

other idea:
    it could be related that people don't "exit" kazaa completely but just send it to tray. to EXIT it, you must use the icon in the taskbar.
    and ONLY THEN it will do a complete restart.

5. File Sharing   -   #115
    BANNED
    none of these have anything to do with the 0000 ip as i said before the 00000 ips is do to supernodes not connecting at all for varius reasons

6. File Sharing   -   #116
    Update:

At first all seemed to work again, but then I noticed the longer I stayed online the harder it gets to get a connection the next time I want to logon . Uploads go haywire before even getting a connection. Netlimiter does not seem to work here either, Ive seen upload spikes up to 190 Kb/s while I limited Kazaa to only 2

(when I get connected Netlimiter works ok, nice to see how your upload bandwith influences your download speed (boy this is leeching ))

This not connecting I've seen earlier, it got to a point I didn't logon to the Kazaa network for over a month. Since last week I started again but the longer I share the bigger the problem gets.

(this was all with the new XP installation on which I have started to 'dress up' more and more programs)

Cerberus

(edit)
    Noticed the Red Cross sulution worked with the problem of Not Connecting when Kazaa was up and running for a while but it doesn't work on your initial connection

7. File Sharing   -   #117
    Exactly the way I experienced it. On a new installation Kazaa connects very well, but the longer you share and the more you connect on and off, the worse kazaa connects. And finally kazaa wont connect anymore because all your uploads start before you are connected and you download bandwidth disappears for 99.99%. It is impossible to even load a web page normally. But I swear Netlimiter works!!! But set netlimiter to a low upload bandwith, because if it is still too high your computer will get to much connection requests that ur computer will permit and ur computer has no resources for other up and downloading tasks. After you are connected u can set the upload a bit higher. It should work for you as well. It still takes a while sometimes for kazaa to connect but since I use netlimiter I don’t have any connecting problems with kazaa anymore. And guess what, exactly the same experience with a lot of my friends that use kazaa and have this connecting problem. Netlimiter works very well for all of them. All have the same problem that kazaa opens the port of your compute for UNLIMITED!!! uploads to the rest of the kazaa network. If u share a lot(which I do), like 100 uploads in a few seconds is normal(after an hour you will see thousands of uploads)…duh …no wonder….!! ur computer is to busy with uploading, connecting no way possible like this… It is obviously now that kazaa has a connecting bug.

First Kazaa should connect to the network and then it should open your ports for uploads!

8. File Sharing   -   #118
    BANNED
    those of you who have serpico's problem follow his advise on netlimiter he is correct and it should for most people work

9. File Sharing   -   #119
    I agree with SUpernico - kazaa Lite "...has a connecting bug." Until it gets fixed I'm going back to plain old Kazaa despite it's problems - at least it works every time.

10. File Sharing   -   #120
    BANNED
    Originally posted by jstevans@13 October 2003 - 19:30
    I agree with SUpernico - kazaa Lite "...has a connecting bug." Until it gets fixed I'm going back to plain old Kazaa despite it's problems - at least it works every time.
    good luck with riaa and ad/spyware

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast