Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Charlotte?

old school
    personally I don't care for some of the music they put out. A few (very few) of their songs are decent. I would consider buying an album of theirs as soon as they learn how to play hardcore punk. not pop punk, or whine punk. it seems they cry to much in their songs. I don't mind the first track on their new cd. It has no lyrics and its the fastest song on that lp.

2. Music   -   #22
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    yeah that first song on their last album was really cool...just to bad it didn't lead into an equally good song...i mean they deal with issues like every other band...I don't know why people hate them...their just guys playing music and making money...whats so wrong with that??

3. Music   -   #23
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@5 September 2003 - 10:26
    and i don't think R Kelly was at the awards...2 many children at those awards

4. Music   -   #24
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@5 September 2003 - 18:02
    I have to admit to not knowing who they are.

Although I DO know who Green Day are got all their albums!

This reply (or lack thereof) has been brought to you as a courtesy of CrumbCat.
    © Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.
    crumbcat u dont wanna know who they are lol

5. Music   -   #25
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@5 September 2003 - 20:30
    I don't know why people hate them...their just guys playing music and making money...whats so wrong with that??
    i just liked how Chris Rock turned the show into a sort of celebrity roast of the entire mainstream pop/rock music industry, rather than pretending to respect most of those people.

the only thing i paid much attention to (besides all of the disses Chris Rock served up) was the fact that MTV gives out two separate awards for "hip hop" and "rap." and aside from missy elliott, the hip hop category was full of middle-aged men who used to be rappers (snoop dogg, busta rhymes, jay-z), but now they're just lazily churning out R&B singles that sound like Ja Rule's leftovers.

6. Music   -   #26
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@6 September 2003 - 14:33
    the only thing i paid much attention to (besides all of the disses Chris Rock served up) was the fact that MTV gives out two separate awards for "hip hop" and "rap."  and aside from missy elliott, the hip hop category was full of middle-aged men who used to be rappers (snoop dogg, busta rhymes, jay-z), but now they're just lazily churning out R&B singles that sound like Ja Rule's leftovers. 
    MTV award shows VMA's and Movie awards are pointless. The bands who win awards on that type of show aren't the best in their category, just the most popular. During the show I noticed that there were about 5-7 videos that were nominated over and over again and of course kept winning. The fact that Johnny Cash didn't win anything was a absolute travesty and goes to show how ridiculous this award show is. I watched it this year to see Chris Rock and to see Metallica play. Those were to the two highlights of the show the rest of it was a snooze

7. Music   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@6 September 2003 - 10:46

MTV award shows VMA's and Movie awards are pointless. The bands who win awards on that type of show aren't the best in their category, just the most popular. During the show I noticed that there were about 5-7 videos that were nominated over and over again and of course kept winning. The fact that Johnny Cash didn't win anything was a absolute travesty and goes to show how ridiculous this award show is. I watched it this year to see Chris Rock and to see Metallica play. Those were to the two highlights of the show the rest of it was a snooze
    All I have to say is BRAVO!!!! I'm glad there are still people who realize that "good bands" aren't always the most popular and vice versa. However, that doesn't mean that all popular music blows goats either. People just get lazy and stop paying attention.

Even though Johnny Cash got jacked, IMHO, I think what Snoop had to say about him was just perfect. He may be be middle-aged and losing his "edge," but he's still enough of a free and creative agent to veer from the "sheep-hearding" and "lemming" mentality.

"Johnny Cash is one bad-ass mother-f*cker....."

Now...c'mon...doesn't that count for somethin when Snoop says you're a bad-*aa??!!

8. Music   -   #28
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Good Charlotte sold themselves out for some MTV fame. Now we have to watch these pierced freaks make safe sex commercials and public service announcements. Can't MTV just play fucking music? Must there be some sort of political policy behind everything they do?

Its the new less edgy, responsible, MTV. Music for your "safe sex, gen X" kids.
    Proud member of MDS

9. Music   -   #29
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    i remember when i had Mtv...it was the 90's era...the classic era...when the three bes programs ever where on...Headbangers Ball, Superock and Beavis & Butt-head...those days where the best ever...cept then that shitty real world came on aswell as all that other gay reality TV shyte...

10. Music   -   #30
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Hangbangers Ball kicked ass. I'm sure there are a few fans of that here. On a side note, I watched Singled Out all the time, but only because I'm addicted to that little tramp Jenny McCarthy.
    Proud member of MDS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast