Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Hate Those That Don't Share

Poster
    Okay, wait...I'm confused. How do you know if someone's not sharing their files? I thought the only way to know this is if you did a "find more from the same user". But even at that, it seemed pretty self-explanitory (well, to me at least), that the patch included with KLite++ 2.4.2 made the search results read "Search finished without any result", even though they were sharing their files. I thought the point was that when someone wanted to dl a file from a user, they would be able to dl that SPECIFIC file from them, but not have free and clear access to the rest of the files they're sharing. Why would someone think that receiving this message meant the person wasn't sharing their files? If you're already downloading a file from them, then they're obviously sharing SOMETHING, right?

Or does this have more to do with performing the search of a user who is uploading from YOU?....confused....

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by javakel@7 September 2003 - 02:54
    Okay, wait...I'm confused. How do you know if someone's not sharing their files? I thought the only way to know this is if you did a "find more from the same user". But even at that, it seemed pretty self-explanitory (well, to me at least), that the patch included with KLite++ 2.4.2 made the search results read "Search finished without any result", even though they were sharing their files. I thought the point was that when someone wanted to dl a file from a user, they would be able to dl that SPECIFIC file from them, but not have free and clear access to the rest of the files they're sharing. Why would someone think that receiving this message meant the person wasn't sharing their files? If you're already downloading a file from them, then they're obviously sharing SOMETHING, right?

Or does this have more to do with performing the search of a user who is uploading from YOU?....confused....
    I think the original thread meant he/she was searching users that were downloading from him/her, for the specific purpose of cutting them off if no results were found. This would still be a pain for the file owner anyway, due to Speedup/Accelerator continually reconnecting to the same source when stopped. The only other way to prevent the upload would be to stop sharing the file altogether, but this would spoil it for everyone too, stopping all from downloading.

So leave it alone .... LOL

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    :sleeping another one of this same old same old threads to

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I've gotten to the point where I'm thanking my lucky stars for that, I'm using Shareza and I've seen people share their C:/Windows folders, that's right, it ends up with about 1gig of useless .dll files that no one in their right mind would EVER want to download. On this point I know a man who claims to have compressed his C: drive and uploaded it onto Kazaa. There's being a tight fisted &$*^ and not sharing and then there's the insane reverse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12