Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the funniest tv series?

pootystomp's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubuc View Post
    To and half men's for shure :d
    Is that the parody where two 30 year olds and a 12 year old just fuck each other relentlessly.

2. Movies & TV   -   #222
    teflon05's Avatar Pessimistic Optimist BT Rep: +2
    Just finished watching Trailer Park Boys. I never watched it while it was on, because, well...it was Canadian. Have to admit though, that was some funny shit. One of the best comedy series I've seen for a while. Going to DL the movie too. Hopefully it will be as good.

On a side note, I also found out the guy that played Bubbles (Mike Smith) was in a pretty good Canadian rock band called Sandbox...
    Last edited by teflon05; 07-06-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

3. Movies & TV   -   #223
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon05 View Post
    Just finished watching Trailer Park Boys. I never watched it while it was on, because, well...it was Canadian. Have to admit though, that was some funny shit. One of the best comedy series I've seen for a while. Going to DL the movie too. Hopefully it will be as good.

On a side note, I also found out the guy that played Bubbles (Mike Smith) was in a pretty good Canadian rock band called Sandbox...
    On a side side note,Hugh Dillon who played Ed Lane in Flashpoint is in a pretty great Canadian rock band called The Headstones.

Btw there are actually 2 movies and personally I found Countdown to Liquor Day to be hugely disappointing.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. Movies & TV   -   #224
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

On a side side note,Hugh Dillon who played Ed Lane in Flashpoint is in a pretty great Canadian rock band called The Headstones.

Btw there are actually 2 movies and personally I found Countdown to Liquor Day to be hugely disappointing.
    I never watched Flashpoint either. Actually never heard of it, but I looked it up & I'll probably give it a try, too.
    What's the title of the other Trailer Park Boys movie? I didn't see it on IMDB. I did see that there's going to be a third one though.
    No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. — P.J. O'Rourke

Sin lies only in hurting others unnecessarily. All other "sins" are invented nonsense. — Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

5. Movies & TV   -   #225
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer...oys:_The_Movie

Flashpoint can be decent but it's very Canadian in it's presentation .

To whit....
    Perps are people too.

Author: Jack from 89118
    20 July 2008

Wow, a cop show without perps. A TV drama with guns and not 'necessary' evil. Moral, caring cops with emotional consequences. Explosions, when all else fails.

I like 'The Unit' (also on CBS) when it addresses the egregious use of force needed to defend against force and the guilt that comes from fighting evil with evil actions. They have their moments of destruction far from home and leave the guilt for later (when they are home). Flashpoint takes place down the street. In your office building or mall. The consequences of action or inaction are to be replayed in their mind, home, community and above all on TV. And despite the preparations our heroes take, it just doesn't assuage the situations that go tits up.

This show is grounded in moral motives that will pierce the heart of it's viewers. Let the Rambo's have their shows, and let us tread the thin, ever moving and twisting thin blue line of Flashpoint. In the show's own words, "We're not here to target practice, we're here to save lives".
    They still kill people but then they need to apologize.

I dunno about you but personally I watch "cop shows" for the vicarious thrills.If I wanted "caring",I'd watch Lifetime.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #226
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by pootystomp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubuc View Post
    To and half men's for shure :d
    Is that the parody where two 30 year olds and a 12 year old just fuck each other relentlessly.
    From what I've seen of it, I believe that is an accurate plot description. However, I think it is the three of them fucking all the viewers' sensibilities...
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. Movies & TV   -   #227

Quote Originally Posted by Vhat View Post
    I thought Better Off Ted was hilarious! I didn't know about it when it was out. I was able to watch all seasons only after it had been cancelled for a while. I still don't know why they canned it.
    ......the show's debut only drew in 5.64 million viewers and continued to have extremely low ratings.Although many expressed skepticism towards whether or not it would return, the show was renewed for a second season. On May 13, 2010, ABC officially canceled the series due to low viewing figures
    Yeah like total mystery.Probably has something to do with the Gays Jews running Hollywood.Is it little wonder that everyone hates the Gays Jews.
    Yeah, I tend to find out about a show after its been cancelled. I was also a fan of Carpoolers and Perfect Couples. Both cancelled. Probably more but I've forgotten them by now.

8. Movies & TV   -   #228
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer...oys:_The_Movie

Flashpoint can be decent but it's very Canadian in it's presentation .

To whit....
    Perps are people too.

Author: Jack from 89118
    20 July 2008

Wow, a cop show without perps. A TV drama with guns and not 'necessary' evil. Moral, caring cops with emotional consequences. Explosions, when all else fails.

I like 'The Unit' (also on CBS) when it addresses the egregious use of force needed to defend against force and the guilt that comes from fighting evil with evil actions. They have their moments of destruction far from home and leave the guilt for later (when they are home). Flashpoint takes place down the street. In your office building or mall. The consequences of action or inaction are to be replayed in their mind, home, community and above all on TV. And despite the preparations our heroes take, it just doesn't assuage the situations that go tits up.

This show is grounded in moral motives that will pierce the heart of it's viewers. Let the Rambo's have their shows, and let us tread the thin, ever moving and twisting thin blue line of Flashpoint. In the show's own words, "We're not here to target practice, we're here to save lives".
    They still kill people but then they need to apologize.

I dunno about you but personally I watch "cop shows" for the vicarious thrills.If I wanted "caring",I'd watch Lifetime.

True...But I'll give it a shot anyway. Can't be worse than Cop Rock, & I managed to sit through 3 episodes. I think Stephen Bochco must have smoked a bit too much weed the day he came up with the idea for this one.

Also,I watched both last night and I agree, the first Trailer Park Boys movie was better, although Countdown to Liquor Day had it's moments. Curious to see how the 3rd one will pan out...

9. Movies & TV   -   #229
    Family Guy! It just gives you a big boost of laughs, besides EVERYONE should know that Seth MacFarlane is THE BEST comedian ALIVE!!! So basically it's just a boosting of happiness show.

10. Movies & TV   -   #230
    Stehle's Avatar Poster
    I liked "The Crazy Ones" this week.... Then again Robin Williams has always cracked me up.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast