Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chasing Amy

cos of the low budget i think....i thought i had downloaded a fake when i got it lol.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Inevitable's Avatar Poster
    I just saw the movie. It wasn't what I expected, but it was a fairly good movie. The Jay and Silent Bob scene was my favorite. Jay rolling up a blunt in the diner was nutz.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    ya gotta love joey lauren adams as a lesbian *she fits the role so well*...

chasing amy website ( Chasing Amy )

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Inevitable's Avatar Poster
    yeah I expected a lot of laughes but it was mostly drama and romance with a some comedy.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by Inevitable@7 September 2003 - 15:50
    yeah I expected a lot of laughes but it was mostly drama and romance with a some comedy.
    i thought the same thing when i first saw it...i think it was when it first came out on video...but yeah i have watched it another 10 times...and you see different stuff (plus when i first saw it, i didn't understand half of it...i was a bit young)...but yeah banky is funny in it though...

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    I didn't like it at all really. Actaully it is my least favorite Kevin Smith film.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Chasing Amy is the most mainstream(kinda strange considering the story) of Kevin Smith's movies. I didn't like it as much as his others. For those that don't know these movies, you need to see them all more than once to catch everything, and they are all connected. You also need to see them on dvd with the commentaries cause they are funny as hell and tell some of the inside jokes in the movies. I think he's one of the best writers out there when the actors can pull it off. Also check out An Evening With Kevin Smith, it's a couple hours of him at different colleges talking about his experiences in Hollywood. He has some funny stories about Prince and Tim Burton. Don't forget Clerks, the Animated Series.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by mogadishu@7 September 2003 - 01:59
    i would rate kevin smith movies in this order.

dogma
    clerks
    jay and silten bob strike back
    mallrats
    chasing amy

am i missing any?
    That's how I'd rate them as well, although I must say that they all are good and should be seen.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    mine would go

mallrats
    clerks
    dogma
    jay and silent bob strike back
    chasing amy

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    I would say

Mallrats (Jason Lee is fantastic in this film)
    Dogma
    Clerks
    Chasing Amy
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Although they're all good. I didn't really rate Jay and Silent Bob the first time I saw it but having watched it again it's growing on me. It's everything I expected a film primarily about them would be, with some great Cameos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast