Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: And yet again a reminder PLEASE READ!!!!!

Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    There's a member here on FST who wanted to trade highlevel accounts with me, but he said we should meet at MSN. Didn't really give it alot of thought, but now...

Thanks for this thread.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    For the "anti" traders please leave the bullshit out of this thread. This was mostly posted because I noticed lots of scams done over MSN not so we could have another debate about trading/not trading. If you have some helpful input ON TOPIC great, if not nothin to see here....move along

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by swedish View Post

What is catch-22?
    As far as I know, catch-22 is a situation in which you're in a dilemma,where you're not able to take a decision.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    When did FST become so nazi. With mods telling members to fuck off and mind their own business. Is one only allowed to comment on a subject if one agrees with the mods now.

It certainly didn't start out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post

What is catch-22?
    As far as I know, catch-22 is a situation in which you're in a dilemma,where you're not able to take a decision.
    You're wrong, if anything that's Hobson's Choice. Unless of course you're Joseph Heller and I picked you up wrong.
    Last edited by JPaul; 11-02-2008 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    For the "anti" traders please leave the bullshit out of this thread. This was mostly posted because I noticed lots of scams done over MSN not so we could have another debate about trading/not trading. If you have some helpful input ON TOPIC great, if not nothin to see here....move along
    This thread was going to attract flamebait Detale, such epic words as 'safer trading' were bound to be a red flag to a bull.
    A very simple rule that you cannot deny is that without trading there would be no scams ? Also the very fact that so many members here have duplicate memberships or even multiples as in recent cases, makes it less likely that this will be a 'safe' environment. All it means is that you can ban the offending member but then they will merrily carry on their way with the other memberships and/or create new ones.
    I fully realise with the huge membership that FST has ( and the fact that membership is never pruned) plus the fact that there are no IP duplicate checking scripts here means tracking duplicate memberships is very hit and miss, but then this also makes the 'safer trading' concept even less viable.
    It's a truly lovely sentiment though...........

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    There are different sections here for different subjects. I was just wondering if there is a thread for anti-traders. If not, there should be one. Or they will start hijacking every thread in the same way. Why do they read and post in the 'trade section' in the first place if they have no interest in trading. Will these all refrain people from trading? ppl this is not politics.

If a site (FST) allows trading means why can't a mod set some rules or tips for 'safe trading'. I'm going to write a user guide about 'safe trading'. lol

If i talk about trading or not trading, (since someone popped in with an off topic) I stayed low here for around an year with no trading. I'm not addicted to trading or collecting trackers. Now i ran out of my stuff and came back here. Still the trading section is here after lots of arguments and all those debates. I think, it's the tracker staff's duty to find out 'who is against their rules?' Not FST staff. IMO, FST staff is co-operating with most trackers who don't want their invites to be traded and are active here. Afterall, FST is an individual forum which has no obligation to those TRACKERS.

The whole point is this thread is against scammers and cheaters, not against anti-traders.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    FST staff is co-operating with most trackers who don't want their invites to be traded and are active here.
    WRONG!!

Community Rep Trackers, their Accounts cant be traded, Invites are a free for all.

and that is all I am going to say on this subject (I could say a lot more but im refraining this time around)

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    DarkLured's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    common sense and trading shouldn't be in the same fucking sentence
    What a stupid statement (I'm not calling you stupid, just that statement). You can say/argue that trading is risky, or is wrong, or shouldn't be allowed, but there are responsible ways to trade that minimize risk and conform with common sense. Trading in itself is not incompatible with common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter View Post
    There should be more secure ways of trading higher level sites rather than posting in the middleman section which is visible to everyone.
    The middleman request section header says "Only you and Staff can view your thread(s)," so it seems that a middleman request would not be visible to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Is one only allowed to comment on a subject if one agrees with the mods now.
    No I think the point is, if you don't like trading and don't trade, then what are you doing in the trading section in the first place? FST divided requests/giveaways and trades into two separate sections in part so that so-called anti-traders would stop spamming trade threads and preaching their beliefs on the evils of trading.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post

What is catch-22?
    A catch-22 is self-defeating course of action.

An example wouild be I need an reasonable answer to a question but the only place I have to ask is here.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I wouldn't even bother warning these people. They want to take their chances with trading, then fuck 'em(no offense to the traders). Let them learn the consequences on their own.
    go away you fucking troll

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter View Post
    There should be more secure ways of trading higher level sites rather than posting in the middleman section which is visible to everyone.
    wow, youre not too smart

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Is one only allowed to comment on a subject if one agrees with the mods now.
    this guy doesn't even deserve the attention to a response, another jackass who thinks hes better then everyone else

That being said, common sense should be used in all aspects of life... if you're gonna trade use common sense. If its too good to be true, it is. If someone even seems sketchy, he probably is. If you're gonna trade demand a transparent process that makes you and the other person feel comfortable, if you cant achieve a comfortable situation, walk away.
    Last edited by puckface; 11-02-2008 at 03:21 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast