Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Thin About Seedbox On Trackers

Seedbox plus seed time bonus or 72hrs minimum seeding time make a good tracker.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    no longer on it... BT Rep: +3
    They are great and here to stay.
    But with an adsl connection great to leech hard to seed... however still easy to survive in those trackers (freeleech double upload) gives a good help on that.

best regards
    Last edited by internazionale 1908; 10-30-2008 at 03:28 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I dont entirely agree with the fact that seedboxes help a site to have greater speeds etc .. How many of you have a Home connection greater than 8mbps .. Hell only a few ppl have 8mps lines and most of them are in US or Europe .. Rest all still live in the dark ages like myself(1 mbit for 60$ ) ..Seedbox only promote overseeding as they cut into the seeding of users that dont use a seedbox ..( I have seen most of the ppl doing atleast 20:1 on new releases .. ) .. There should be rule to prevent this from happening ..
    Secondly it reduces the retention imo .. Most usres just buy a seedbox for a month or so .. All the content hosted on it is deleted on it if they dont download it to their Home PC .. But imagine if they downloaded a 50gig file .. Would they be able to download it to their Home PC with their poor connection ..Most likely they wont and this would mean less seeders for that torrent/file ..

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    I dont entirely agree with the fact that seedboxes help a site to have greater speeds etc .. How many of you have a Home connection greater than 8mbps .. Hell only a few ppl have 8mps lines and most of them are in US or Europe .. Rest all still live in the dark ages like myself(1 mbit for 60$ ) ..Seedbox only promote overseeding as they cut into the seeding of users that dont use a seedbox ..( I have seen most of the ppl doing atleast 20:1 on new releases .. ) .. There should be rule to prevent this from happening ..
    Secondly it reduces the retention imo .. Most usres just buy a seedbox for a month or so .. All the content hosted on it is deleted on it if they dont download it to their Home PC .. But imagine if they downloaded a 50gig file .. Would they be able to download it to their Home PC with their poor connection ..Most likely they wont and this would mean less seeders for that torrent/file ..
    I don't understand how you justified seedboxes not helping site speeds by stating that a lot of home users have slow Internet?

Also, most people pay for a seedbox monthly, except the cheap people who scrounge up enough money for one month just to make a 'hueg buffer'. But luckily there aren't so many people like that.

I also don't see the connection between being able to download every single file off of your seedbox and retention of files on a tracker. Do you think everyone uses every file they download? I hope no one thinks the users who snatch 0day mp3/software packs install every crappy software and add every single mp3 to their playlists. Some people just do it for buffer.
    Last edited by integral; 10-30-2008 at 04:27 AM.

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I really don't care. Even with my max 80kb/s up I'm still able to keep great ratio's everywhere I go.

I don't think I would care one way or the other if I site had a userbase full of seedbox users or not.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I used to be against seedbox's until I got one. :-P

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Actatoi's Avatar 2+2 is 5 if I say so BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by lukee View Post
    Think of it this way. What would you prefer. Driving to your gf's house to bang her for 1 hour or fly to your gf's house in a luxury plane and get there earlier and have 3 hours to bang her?

Choice is simple. Seedboxes ftw.
    Logic example you got there.
    What an ordinary day, the extraordinary way.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    I don't understand how you justified seedboxes not helping site speeds by stating that a lot of home users have slow Internet?

Also, most people pay for a seedbox monthly, except the cheap people who scrounge up enough money for one month just to make a 'hueg buffer'. But luckily there aren't so many people like that.

I also don't see the connection between being able to download every single file off of your seedbox and retention of files on a tracker. Do you think everyone uses every file they download? I hope no one thinks the users who snatch 0day mp3/software packs install every crappy software and add every single mp3 to their playlists. Some people just do it for buffer.
    "I don't understand how you justified seedboxes not helping site speeds by stating that a lot of home users have slow Internet?"
    The thing i was trying to point out is that the users with seedbox usually iverseed to such a extent that the normal users dont get a chance to reach 1:1 or 2:1 on most files like HD movies and games .. I am not saying that seedbox dont help the site its just that they do damage to normal users in the process .. cuz of their higher bandwidth the peers tend to derive more data from them than lower bandwidth users ..
    Retentivity remkark was directly aimed at cheap users as mentioned by you who just rent a box for a month and delete files when they have a gud enuff ratio on that torrent .. They dont tend to seed long like most of the home users..
    Again you have a valid point about the Mp3/appz but wat about the movie packs/games and HD movies which are more than 10gb .. That everyone should seed for a long time after getting it off from the box ..
    Please dont misunderstand me that i am saying seedbox are bad for the site but its just that for ppl with limited home connection speeds it sucks but thats the way it is in the end ..
    Also if you would look more closely this problem is in a way related to the problem of partial seeding/n00b killling .. Most of the ppl with a slow connection in an attempt to gain buffer indulge in partial seeding .. This gives the wrong impression on the number of leechers associated with a file ..

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Enzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well im no against seedbox, but i agree with some people about overseeding some particular files like pre releases... For a example yesterday i just download Fallout 3 from a tracker (not necessary to mention) and i just cold be able to seed in two days just 300Mb , but my friend who have a seedbox was able to seed like 4/1 :S.. But other think seedbox are great is for the huge pack's like 50gbs large, was to dam hard have a decent download to get those packs..

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    This is an age old (well 2-3 years old) argument.

The point is, in a swarm of 2000 seeders with 10 SB users and 1000 leechers, not every downloader will max their connections.

because the SB can only connect to so many leechers, and the leechers can only connect to so many seeders, hence why people get faster speeds on a private tracker with 10 seeders with 1 or 2 SB members on them, than on a public tracker with 4000 seeders and 1 or 2 SB members on the torrent. (even on a private torrent with the same ratios).

Now to the question of are they good for a site, well obviously I can only talk about BCG, but to right they are, but our SP system tends to balance the books somewhat.

About retention though, its not really the SB members that have to keep torrents forever and a day, it is the members with slow home upload connections that should be doing that really.

Because you cant get the actual ratio when a brand new torrent is uploaded, because of all the seedboxes, I understand that, im there myself most of he time, and lets be honest a home connection just cant cope if there are 20-30 SB on a torrent, they bully you out and you dont get a look in, so to get your actual ratio up, you should have more patience and seed for longer than you normally would, if its on the tracker, someone will want it, eventually.

I have used a SB once, i just thought it was to bloody easy and took the fun out of seeding, but thats just me, without them downloads would slow to a crawl, Ok better for your ratio, but lets be honest here if a tracker has.

Slow pre-times
    Slow torrents to download
    Easy to make a ratio

Its usually a crap tracker (not my outlook just what i hear a lot on here and other sites).

Its like i still hear members of BCG say on other sites

"Can anyone find me XXX game"

"its on BCG"

reply back

"yeah but its old, i will be seeding it back for years"

Well no they bloody wont, a 4 gig torrent will take you a week max, OK if you want the actual ratio it very well might, but then it would on all other trackers out there anyway, so whats the point of having a tracker with great retention, if most members wont download anything older that the 1st browse page because they cant get a ratio on older stuff, this does not apply to us, even though some are still so set in their ways, they cant see that SP is a good thing.

and you wonder why I loose it occasionally, you just have to have a look at the poll on our home page to see why I loose it.

anyway i digress.

SB are great, if they are used for the community to help downloaders out, by getting fast speeds on most torrents, if they are used to to get a silly buffer on 1 torrent, say 500 gig, and then the member then goes and hit and runs another 500gig off crap off the same tracker (or uses that buffer for a better trade), then in my view, thats cheating, they may as well have just got a cheat program and saved themselves some cash tbh.
    Last edited by stoi; 10-30-2008 at 10:42 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast