Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pay for invite

BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    do you really think that someone reject 100$??
    99% of staff will except it but 0% will admit it.
    thank you S', you're realy good friend and I will never forget it.
    Linux Box by naq , Tracker Rules by Grind$oFine

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    But seriously, someone who would pay that much for an invite(I can't even see how people pay money for a ScT invite) is a complete fool. I don't care what site they're paying to access.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by ignis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sexten View Post
    I've already been offered up to $100 for an invite/re-enable. And I of course said no.
    Why though? The difference between an existing member donating and a non-member wishing to donate to become a member seems to be very blurry. In the end, in both cases the money towards the tracker's needs and besides, the person in the latter case would be more likely to donate again.
    That could be the case but the other side of the coin is if a site is doing this it makes it very easy for anyone who cares about tracking ip's for profit or even legal action to join a site and yes I know if they want to get in I am sure they will find a way, but this would be the easiest method for them to get in.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Animal's Avatar From Sesame Street
    Quote Originally Posted by ignis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sexten View Post
    I've already been offered up to $100 for an invite/re-enable. And I of course said no.
    Why though? The difference between an existing member donating and a non-member wishing to donate to become a member seems to be very blurry. In the end, in both cases the money towards the tracker's needs and besides, the person in the latter case would be more likely to donate again.
    This seems to be a very valid argument in my opinion. I had never thought of it like that.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Don't see the problem really. At the end of the day, all trackers need donations to keep on going, and if there's a person who's willing to donate alot of money to help the site out, then I really can't see the problem. Not every user on a site donates, hell some of them can't even hold a 1:1 ratio, but still they're allowed to be a part of a tracker that a donator wants in on.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    what happened when you pay to get in and disappointed from what you see??
    the tracker that you willed to pay for is not what you think??
    donation supposed to be when you love the tracker and wish to help not buying your way in.
    Last edited by BlueLabel; 11-01-2008 at 01:20 AM.
    thank you S', you're realy good friend and I will never forget it.
    Linux Box by naq , Tracker Rules by Grind$oFine

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I don't think people are willing to donate lots of money on sites they don't know anything from, more likely people want to donate 50$ to ftn rather than 50$ to Demonoid.
    If however, there are someone out there willing to pay 50$ for Demoniod, please PM me
    Last edited by Roooney; 11-01-2008 at 02:36 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12