Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Clarkson furore

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I ate the vegetarian bits.
    Now go away.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Placenta is the only meat product vegetarians can eat with good conscience.

No animal died to produce it. True story.

Benjamin, you should fry up Skweeks' placenta and have it in a bap with chips.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    It should be possible to extract bits of meat without killing the whole animal, like.

You could whip the legs off a chicken for example, while still keeping it alive. Same would be true for lambs, cows, even pigs maybe.

Do you think there would be a market for vegetarians to be able to eat meatstuff from animals that remained alive?

I might look into it.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Vegetarians should be allowed to eat other vegetarians.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

I'll keep it in the fridge for you but you have to come and pick it up.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    It should be possible to extract bits of meat without killing the whole animal, like.

You could whip the legs off a chicken for example, while still keeping it alive. Same would be true for lambs, cows, even pigs maybe.

Do you think there would be a market for vegetarians to be able to eat meatstuff from animals that remained alive?

I might look into it.
    I was thinking about that too. It's actually pretty humane.

What if a cow had a nasty spill down some stairs and ended up with a gammy leg? You could amputate the leg and feed it to the veggies. You'd be doing the cow a favour and providing much needed protein to the poor veggies.

And what the fuck do chickens need wings for? The fuckers can't fly. It's just extra weight. The chickens wouldn't mind.
    Last edited by chalice; 11-04-2008 at 05:31 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Exactly. You'd be basically doing them a favour, and they could still lay eggs and that.

Same with cows, hack off their legs, fit them with wheels or something, and roll them over for milking every morning. They'd actually be easier to control like that too.

I can't see any downside, I really can't.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster

Don't be daft, you could eat an animal that died of old age. If you have a moral objection to eating meat it's not like the animal died to feed you. Not that I would. Apparently if you start eating meet again after a period of abstinence it does funny things to your guts .

9. Lounge   -   #29
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Clarkson unlikely to face sanction

Ofcom, the UK's broadcasting overseer, will take no action over complaints about a comment by Jeremy Clarkson about lorry drivers murdering prostitutes, according to a report.

Clarkson made the controversial remarks on a pre-recorded 'Top Gear' shown on Sunday night.

He said: "This (lorry driving) is a hard job and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it's a hard job. "Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

The Times newspapers claims that the remark, which has drawn over 500 complaints to the BBC, is unlikely to result in any official santion.

An Ofcom spokesman said: "We are looking at complaints we have received but are not currently investigating the programme."

The BBC is also unlikely to censure the broadcaster.

A BBC spokeswoman said: "The vast majority of Top Gear viewers have clear expectations of Jeremy Clarkson's long-established and frequently provocative on-screen persona.

"This particular reference was used to comically exaggerate and make ridiculous an unfair urban myth about the world of lorry driving, and was not intended to cause offence."

EDIT - http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/1104/clarksonj2.html
    Last edited by JPaul; 11-04-2008 at 05:43 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post

Don't be daft, you could eat an animal that died of old age. If you have a moral objection to eating meat it's not like the animal died to feed you. Not that I would. Apparently if you start eating meet again after a period of abstinence it does funny things to your guts .
    Animals that die of old age usually have something wrong with them. Ask any cannibal. They can't stand the taste of cancer. It stinks.

I was a veggie for like 8 years. True story. Not cos I had any moral objection to eating meat. Just cos I took a disliking to flesh for some reason. Got pished one night and ate a cheeseburger. Fuck it was scrumptious. Haven't looked back since.

8 succulent years wasted.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast