Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Barack Hussein Obama - 44th US President

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Or maybe "Barry" will capture/kill-the-fuck out of him, which is what he says he's going to do.
    Ya know, since GWB didn't get around to it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Certainly, given the Bush predilection for spreading false/misleading info, I can see why you would think that everything we are "told/read/hear is mostly bullshit" but guess what?- time was when the public wasn't lied to and talked down to.
    Maybe that time will return.
    I for one certainly hope so.
    Perhaps we are just talking levels here but I'm not so sure I can agree that there was a time when we weren't lied to or talked down to.
    I think past administrations were certainly less obvious and perhaps had the benefit of not having youtube broadcasting every gotcha moment to such wide audiences.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 11-19-2008 at 11:45 PM. Reason: fixed messed up quote

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Or maybe "Barry" will capture/kill-the-fuck out of him, which is what he says he's going to do.
    Ya know, since GWB didn't get around to it.
    Yeah - kill him until he dies from it.

No, Barry would be obligated (until the terms of, "I'm not Bush - Hope - Change") to 1: turn him over to the ICC, as Gitmo will be closed, or 2: Bring him stateside and ensconce him in luxury to await trial - a speedy one, into the bargain, with a team of high-priced (and tax-payer funded) lawyers led by Ramsey Clark, and televised around the world, from a courtroom hosting the entire U.N. Human Rights Counsel and a complement of ACLU lawyers to provide oversight and legal commentary.

My guess, anyhoo.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    D., your theory gives a free pass to every politician for every/anything they do- the "I'm privy to info you're not" is a universal Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free card.
    This would have to extend to your cited example of Hoyer, BTW...he knows stuff you don't, so you can't call him out either.

Certainly, given the Bush predilection for spreading false/misleading info, I can see why you would think that everything we are "told/read/hear is mostly bullshit" but guess what?- time was when the public wasn't lied to and talked down to.
    Maybe that time will return.
    I for one certainly hope so.
    Maybe it is an excuse but that's a major problem in politics. Of course I do mean to a degree, What degree? Who knows man. Again it's just a theory.
    As far as Hoyer I saw him say it on the TV

Dude you are one of the smartest and decent guys I know on the interwebs. So I ask this in all honesty When the hell was the American public not lied to or kept in the dark??
    Last edited by Detale; 11-20-2008 at 03:42 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Two (semi) recent Presidents who I feel were more honest with the public than usual would be Eisenhower and Carter.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    Oh shit man, your age is showing

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    It's not like I try to hide it.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Two (semi) recent Presidents who I feel were more honest with the public than usual would be Eisenhower and Carter.

I'm curious.

Which of the two would you say practiced honesty/open-ness to greater benefit?

Also:

Would Carter be your favorite of the two?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    Honesty, didn't work very well in Carter's benefit as he was not elected for a second term.

The Spirit of Something Greater

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Another thing bro, "more honest" does not mean honest. We could say Bill Clinton was more honest than Oliver North meanwhile they were both full of shit.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast