Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: America's Army

I was a grunt in the Marine Corps and because of that, I can usually pick out fake things in a military fps game. I have played the following military FPS and rate them for realism in order. They are:

1. America's Army

2. Operation Flashpoint

3. Medal of Honor

You have a lot of control over your player in AA. You can crouch, laydown, walk, fast walk, run, and jump. You have a lot of communication options. One feature that I like is the detail in grenade actions. You can throw the grenade, release the spoon(cook)..then throw, roll the grenade, or cook and roll. They all have their applications. The detail in the M203 Grenade Launcher is realistic. If you fire a M203 grenade and it hits too close, it will not explode. This is because a M203 grenade launcher barrel is rifled and causes the round to rotate in the barrel. This rotation causes a centrifugal force on the grenade round and then arms the grenade no closer than roughly 25 meters. This is a safety characteristic. Little things like this are what make this game really good. I can go on and on about the detail they put into this game. In Medal of Honor, if you shoot a regular rifle at the enemy that is far away(really far), you will not hit them. It's just programed that way. In AA, you can be killed or kill regardless of the distance. If the bullet can go that far, they are dead, or the other way around. Sometimes all you hear is a faint gun sound, but really hear the bullets hitting the dirt (or flesh)around you. Now, in v.1.9, they have Medics and they actually stick a thermometer up your ass to check your temp...just playing. Actually, they stop you from bleeding to death. If you are hurt bad enough, you will bleed to death. So you have to call for a medic.
    Operation Flashpoint is a good game also. The maps are huge and you can go anywhere, in any vehicle. You have a better selection of weapons also. The only drawback is the Multiplayer aspect to this game....it sucks. You have to wait to get a team built, and half the time it is full of bugs. I dont like single player games. Even with good AI, it gets repetitive. Playing against "real" people is much more challenging. No game is ever the same. I play under the same name and currently have an Honor of 30. You can usually find me on the Pipeline map. I don't claim to be an expert at this game, but you'll get some kids who do take it serious and think it is the real world. haha. I just like to have fun with it. Anyway, I highly recomend AA.

2. Games   -   #22
    thanks for the input, CPL_P_USMC
    i'm actually re-downloading the game now because the first dl stopped with 1 meg to go
    i was pretty annoyed, i can tell you...

anyway, it's sounding good from the replies so far, i hope to enjoy it

p.s. just a small point, there's no such thing as centrifugal force
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Games   -   #23

4. Games   -   #24
    i&#39;m getting &#39;only&#39; 58 on the nvidia mirror posted before by toddiscool

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Games   -   #25
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    im using 5 dif servers, 4 are the nvidia ones

6. Games   -   #26
    i&#39;ve only got 4 servers
    i feel inadequate...

7. Games   -   #27
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    oops my bad, it is only 4, but there are 6 servers in total, only it mustnt have found them all

8. Games   -   #28
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@11 September 2003 - 03:34
    i&#39;ve only got 4 servers
    i feel inadequate...
    Lucky bastard.

When i went on there were no server.

9. Games   -   #29
    i&#39;ve only got 7 mins left on the dl now anyway
    and i&#39;ve still got 1 meg to go on the first download
    stupid dap

10. Games   -   #30
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    try using flashget. its prett good.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast