Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you have all the torrent sites you need/want?

I don't "need" nothing. As far as what i would like, 3 or 4 more, i like to have specialized trackers in each area (for private use, ofc).

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    bebytza's Avatar be you BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yep with except of this 3-4

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    My downloading needs are well covered with the torrent sites I have currently, but it'd be super to have membership of E. I believe the days where invites for E were much easier to get(compared to today) have passed and there are very few that can meet their lofty requirements.
    That's the only site I really want to become a member at too. And it's not for the "community" or some other lame reason that some give hoping to join(although I would participate in their forums just like I do at most trackers I belong to), I want solely to double my content of properly ripped lossless albums. And also to share what I have with others that have similar tastes.

But as you mentioned, the site just seems too difficult to become a member at, so I don't really have my hopes up of ever becoming a member. Besides...BTmusic is an incredible site and I'm quite content with only being a member there(although I do not agree with the fact that just anyone can pay their way into the site).

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I'm looking for a tracker where the forum posts aren't just by either overly serious academic types or hormonal teenage boys .
    But they don't seem to exist.

Other than that I guess I'm good for content unless there is some movie site (besides than the usual ones) that offers really hard to find stuff .

In wanting mainly because I know a lot of people who are already members.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i've always been pretty happy with what i have starting from torrent-damage/oink and right now i am still happy with what i have. if a friend refers a site or says i'll like it then i'll check it out(or try at least) but theres nothing that im really going after anymore. maybe E or pedro's in the future but atm my hard drive is too small so i dont see the point in having either of them just yet.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    ya i have more than enough ...

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    My downloading needs are well covered with the torrent sites I have currently, but it'd be super to have membership of E. I believe the days where invites for E were much easier to get(compared to today) have passed and there are very few that can meet their lofty requirements.
    That's the only site I really want to become a member at too. And it's not for the "community" or some other lame reason that some give hoping to join(although I would participate in their forums just like I do at most trackers I belong to), I want solely to double my content of properly ripped lossless albums. And also to share what I have with others that have similar tastes.

But as you mentioned, the site just seems too difficult to become a member at, so I don't really have my hopes up of ever becoming a member. Besides...BTmusic is an incredible site and I'm quite content with only being a member there(although I do not agree with the fact that just anyone can pay their way into the site).
    Totally echoed my thoughts there. E sounds like the ideal place for me not only because of the properly ripped albums and the scans(ofcourse) but they also cater to the genre of music I'm after. Not to mention the site design is absolute eyecandy(the best iv'e seen,kudos to the designer,seriously). A waffle iron who's a friend of mine got rejected there so that pretty much sums up the difficulty to gain entrance. Although I kindof disagree with their invitation policy but it's their site,can't do much.

David, I think the ideal place for you would be FSC(more than the rabbit).There's a certain maturity level in the forums(or so I've heard) which you'd relish and the staff there are just amazing(friendly and mature).Quite frankly you deserve to get in there.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 12-05-2008 at 02:06 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    canopus's Avatar Poster
    probably 5 trackers

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think referring to it as "having" a tracker indicates that you see it as a possession, so having a few is a collection of them. I'd rather say that I'm a member somewhere, which is more realistic. I also think the op is total flame with his casual inclusion of TTC in his second post. But whatever.

I have been a member at way too many sites, from open signups to rare little holes in the wall. When I had a seedbox and was really into this thing, I would check them all daily and spend hours on a few. I'm still a member at more than I use, which I check from time to time to see if there is anything worth hitting and running, like I just did to TT after reading its name in this thread. But I mainly use usenet lately, since I can download faster with no need to seed.

I have been helping out at a small site (~100 members) that is very focused and seems promising, but I've been getting bored after just a few weeks of uploading, having my client running all day and posting in the forums. So I wonder why I bother, but I think it is because it is hard to let habits die. Hell, I check FTN a few times a day still and even post in the forums, but no site is really that amazing. I just want to leech some files and chat a bit maybe, and that can be done much more efficiently using an nzb forum. I give accounts and invites to friends who are still on their way in, which is how I found this place, but I should really advise them to not get sucked in. Oh and I wish giving accounts was not so looked down upon, so I could put some of these unused accounts to better use, since an IP change says very little about the exchange, but I understand from staff's perspective too.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I have all i want, and maybe more than i need
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'm looking for a tracker where the forum posts aren't just by either overly serious academic types or hormonal teenage boys .
    But they don't seem to exist.
    E* forums seems to be more "serious" and interesting than most of trackers' forums (i'm talking about the ones with those "rate that chick" threads).
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast