Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cable Users: What Speed R U Getting On Bittorrent?

Poster
    I can reach 100 + kbs no problem on cable, I test at 1.3 but when k-lite is running it's about 450kbs to surf with. Does this mean k-lite is only using like 60 % of my pc or modem resources and if so how could I improve that if at all?............my downloads go about half done and I usually fall to 50 kbs for the rest unless I clear the not stored in k-dat to reach the 100 plus speeds....................................................................................sorry just noticed you said on Bit torrent.lol.........I wrote speeds about k-lite...wups..duh

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    corrmaan
    i got 1500k/200k cable. on bt im about anywhere between 60-100kb/s. i guess that works. Rogers cable, btw.

wat would be sweet is a T1 line.

ahhhh...
    t1

i heard somewheres that they have a wireless t1 for like $400 a month LOL. i guess i oculd afford that if i live in a back alley behind a chinese food restaurant eating scraps, and dont have a car and rollerblade to work. but then id have to buy the comp, witch would be like a years pay if i really am living in an alley behind a chinese food restaurant eating left over wontons. whatever. so yeah, 1500/200, 60-100, that was the point of my post.

speaking of wontons, they look like chiken brains dont they?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Originally posted by Supernatural@10 September 2003 - 10:05
    I don't use bittorrent, but I get around 1.8-1.9 Mbs download and 360 Kbs upload. It's pretty close to what I pay for: 2Mbs/384Kbs. My ISP is Earthlink Cable, provided by Time Warner. So it's basically exactly the same as Road Runner, except I get all the cool Earthlink benefits.
    Cool! I'm with Earthlink via Time Warner, too. My speed is about the same as yours (1.4-1.9 Mbs download with 380 kbs upload).

On Bittorent my speeds are usually between 20-60kbs. Looking at everyone elses replies, I guess that's normal...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    mine is 384kbps uploads, 3.5mbps downloads.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    My speed is 4 mb down and 128 kb up. I can upload around 13-14 kbps and dl at about 400 kbps

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    hmmm....
    to add-on on my previous posts...
    i do get up to 50kB/s download speed on bittorrent with my 512k dsl, but this happens VERY rarely...like 5-10% of the time...depending on seeds of coz...

as for u guys...it seems some of u lucky buggers have got a pretty decent dl speed while others r struggling as if u were on 56k.
    hmm...keep up with the inputs...hope to see more ple sharing their experiences and/or views on this matter... B)

note: pls also do indicate ur upload/download speed as per indicated by ur isp so that we can compare wat speed u r supposed to get vs wat u actually get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12