Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is number 2 at the minute?

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    If you're a heavy downloader you can't be the $11 a month.
    What do you mean? I thought it was unlimited? I downloaded quite a bit from it for a few days and it seemed like it was then capped a bit. Not much, but then again, I think my own internet was slightly slower (2MB rather than 3) After a few days off it seems back to top speeds.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    The $11 a month deal is unlimited. Unlimited speeds and downloads. I meant that if you download a lot, or a lot of big files, then the $11 deal is the way to go.

Me, I'm not a really heavy downloader anymore(usually only music daily, games a couple times a week, and tv and movies only when I see something good), and I also use RS forums a lot. So for me, getting the Astraweb 120GB block account was cheaper in the long run than the $11 dollar a month deal.

Since it will probably take me three or four months to download 120GB from Usenet(since I also download from RS). Which I would be paying $33 or $44 for that if I were still using the $11 a month deal, instead of a just straight $25 for the block account(a little confusing, I know).

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    I actually switched from Giganews diamond plan to Astraweb and the price difference was the major factor. 30 to 11 is a huge improvement for me and I can always max my connection with Astra and have never been capped. I also download very frequently so I can attest to this. Although the retention for Astra is less, I rarely find anything that is over 160 days that I really want to download. And if I do, I'll just request it uploaded.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Oh it said you can't be, but you meant you can't beat...

That block deal would probably do me alright, but being a dvdr kinda guy, that might go quickly. Well actually 60 regular dvd5 releases or so...that's not a bad move actually. Hmm I might just go to a block setup idk.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    any comments on astraweb's retention? it seems closer to 150 days given some of the incompletes i got.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    yea ive been using astraweb for a while and anything past about 145d will never be complete enough to fix with quickpar with so many missing rars and parts

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    I use Easynews, mostly for convenience reasons. They have a great global search and web interface.

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Wait...Giganews has block plans? I could have swore I never saw that on their home page. .
    Nor me
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by basilhaydens View Post
    Oh it said you can't be, but you meant you can't beat...

That block deal would probably do me alright, but being a dvdr kinda guy, that might go quickly. Well actually 60 regular dvd5 releases or so...that's not a bad move actually. Hmm I might just go to a block setup idk.
    My bad. I didn't even notice that spelling mistake.

And yeah, dvdr's are big, but it just depends on how often you're going to be downloading them. All you can do is start with one plan(either the $11 a month or a block account), then if one isn't enough, or too much, than just switch to the one that suits you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12