Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Israel & Palestine

BANNED
    Originally posted by clocker@29 September 2003 - 00:03
    The MO of the west, the UK and US in particular, is "instability". The British have used the tactic for centuries to control whole regions, not just countries. The SAS, for instance are "officially" active in 35 countries around the world. Looking at the list, there are at least five others that I know of where they operate, Palestine is one of them. Wherever the UK government perceives it's interests to be at risk, they go there.
    This observation completely ignores the fact that the instability in Palestine is also precipitated by the interest of Libya, Iran and good old Yasser Arafat himself. In a stable and peaceful Palestine would Arafat have the means to land on the Forbes list of the top ten wealthiest Kings, Queens and Despots? He placed # 6, BTW, with a (conservatively) estimated personal fortune of $300 million. Not bad for a "freedom fighter" who is supposedly working for the betterment of his people- some 30-40% of whom live below the poverty level. Oddly absent from your repeated calls for US pressure on Israel is the request for Arafat to step down.

I can see no way that Sharon can deliver peace when he is kept in power by ultra orthadox jews, who want all Palestinians out of the whole of Palestine, and by settlers who have stolen 46% of Palestinian land since 1967. He will carry on making war, regardless of public opinion. This is the reason we call on the US to tighten the purse strings. If they had the will, they could easily obtain peace. Makes me wonder if they really do want it, or if instability is really their goal.
    Again the one-sided insistance that the US and Sharon are the only factors preventing peace in the region. Should a peaceful settlement occur, how would Arafat and his PLO heirarchy disguise the fact that they have been systematically diverting money from international aid funds to their own use? How could they justify the bloated and corrupt bureaucracy that has served as a personal feeding trough for over 20 years?

Clocko, you never disappoint!

You accuse others of not reading posts, and misrepresenting what was written, then turn it into an art form.

When did I claim the US and Sharon were the ONLY factors affecting peace? Point me there.

Explain to me again how Bush got rich. And of course you've seen Arafats millions? Is his fortune more substantial than Saddams WMD?

Is there ANYTHING your government tells you that you are at least a LITTLE sceptical of?

As for feeding troughs, they come in very handy when the US needs them to pay one of their dictators!

You're becoming stale Clocko, may I suggest a holiday in Jamaica? A pound of weed, a few bottles of rum, and a couple of local girls, you'll be better in a few months.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #132
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@28 September 2003 - 16:34

You're becoming stale Clocko, may I suggest a holiday in Jamaica? A pound of weed, a few bottles of rum, and a couple of local girls, you'll be better in a few months.

That might be a little to much Rikk!!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #133
    Billy do you honestly subscribe to that EIR page that SAS article is laughable.
    And my curiousity has gotten the better of me, why did you 'go in' to Afghanistan back in the 80's, you've ruled out a couple of reasons (you weren't military or intelligence I think i remember you saying), but I personally need closure on the anecdote.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #134
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ilw@28 September 2003 - 17:13
    And my curiousity has gotten the better of me, why did you 'go in' to Afghanistan back in the 80's, you've ruled out a couple of reasons (you weren't military or intelligence I think i remember you saying), but I personally need closure on the anecdote.
    Afghan black, I should imagine

5. The Drawing Room   -   #135
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@28 September 2003 - 08:34

Clocko, you never disappoint!

You accuse others of not reading posts, and misrepresenting what was written, then turn it into an art form.

When did I claim the US and Sharon were the ONLY factors affecting peace? Point me there.

Explain to me again how Bush got rich. And of course you've seen Arafats millions? Is his fortune more substantial than Saddams WMD?

Is there ANYTHING your government tells you that you are at least a LITTLE sceptical of?

As for feeding troughs, they come in very handy when the US needs them to pay one of their dictators!

Billy, I just waded through all 22 pages of you past posts.
    I could find only one reference to Palestinian complicity in the conflict in question.
    I want Hamas, and whoever else is doing it, to cease the suicide bombings.

The overwhelming majority of your responses point to the West, specifically the US, as the main obstacle to peace. You don't have to claim that "the US and Sharon were the ONLY factors", your posts amply demonstrate that you believe this to be the case.
    Bush got rich the old fashioned American way- he was born into wealth. AFAIK, he didn't profit from diverting aid funds from Palestinian refugees, but then again, I lack your insider knowledge, so I could be wrong.
    Does the fact that I personally have not seen Arafat's millions mean that they don't exist? I've never seen you either.

Your continued insistence that I keep making these threads personal is somewhat at odds with your persistent misuse of my name and prescribing of vacations, etc., don't you think? A bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

Perhaps you would like to journey back through your posts now and point me to the ones that demonstrate your balanced viewpoint. I can wait...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. The Drawing Room   -   #136
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@28 September 2003 - 16:34
    @Clocker

@JPaul
    As for not reading posts, you've turned it into an art form.

Billy,

Are you insinuating that both Clocker and JPaul are artists?

Have I turned inappropriate and poorly thought our rebuttals into an art form?

Running a little dry in the "creative zinger" department, maybe you should accompany Clocko on his holiday to refresh your creativity?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #137
    BANNED
    Again Clocko, (does that really annoy you?) you misrepresent me. You claim I have stated The US and Israel are the ONLY obstacles to peace. When challenged to prove your statement, you wade through 22 pages of my posts and come up with ... nothing!

Except proof that I was correct ...
    Billy, I just waded through all 22 pages of you past posts.
    I could find only one reference to Palestinian complicity in the conflict in question.

I want Hamas, and whoever else is doing it, to cease the suicide bombings.
    You also ignored my last post on the subject ...
    I'll state my bias here, again, - I am pro Palestinian. This does not mean I agree with everything that happens from the Palestinian side, it means that I believe the Palestinians are getting a very raw deal. Holding that view, I also believe that the two main antagonists in this conflict are Israel and the US, not Hamas, or the PLO, or any other Palestinian organisation.

The key to peace is land, Israel holds the land, you tell me where the solution lies.

Does the fact that I personally have not seen Arafat's millions mean that they don't exist?
    Does being told they do mean they DO exist?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #138
    BANNED
    Originally posted by hobbes+29 September 2003 - 01:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 29 September 2003 - 01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@28 September 2003 - 16:34
    @Clocker

@JPaul
    As for not reading posts, you&#39;ve turned it into an art form.

Billy,

Are you insinuating that both Clocker and JPaul are artists?

Have I turned inappropriate and poorly thought our rebuttals into an art form?

Running a little dry in the "creative zinger" department, maybe you should accompany Clocko on his holiday to refresh your creativity? [/b][/quote]
    Sorry Hobbesy, did I miss you out mate? I&#39;m quite sure you have an artistic bent. How&#39;s that?

As for the holiday, if Clocko would pay, I&#39;d be glad to accompany him, and would do all I could to aid in his rehabilitation.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #139
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ilw@29 September 2003 - 01:13
    And my curiousity has gotten the better of me, why did you &#39;go in&#39; to Afghanistan back in the 80&#39;s, you&#39;ve ruled out a couple of reasons (you weren&#39;t military or intelligence I think i remember you saying), but I personally need closure on the anecdote.
    ilw, you constantly baffle me, you demonstrate, at times, an ability to be knowledgable and informed, then come up with a post like this.
    Just what did you compare the SAS article with? Your own extensive knowledge of the subject?

As to what I did, I could tell you, but then I&#39;d have to kill you, so next time you&#39;re in Cairns look me up and I&#39;ll explain it to you.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #140
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@28 September 2003 - 16:21

Executive Intelligence Review

Read especially ...

The SAS: Prince Philip&#39;s manager of terrorism.

and..

London&#39;s assault on the nation-state

There&#39;s much more going on than people realise.

You are basing your posts on 8 year old articles from Lyndon Larouche&#39;s Intelligence Review ?

Looks a bit like your avatar methinks.

Here is a link to Mr Larouche&#39;s resume, please bear in mind that this is his own site.

http://www.larouchepub.com/resume.html