Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Need A Firewall

Poster
    Originally posted by exeus@12 September 2003 - 04:56
    the main reason why firewalls / antivirus get updates is cos programmers hackers find ways around the protection so they then block that by updateing their progducts if you use an old/er firewall antivirus you are wasteing your time
    Even with an earlier version you can still have up to date virus definitions and signatures.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Sygate 5.1 sometimes blocks websites like hsaleem.tk

Norton security 2003 block some sites like http://www.blackviper.com/

Zone Alarm i had a problem when tweaking my registry, it lock the comp up an i couldn't do anything till i got rid of it.

Windows Fire dosent do anything at all but slow down your comp.

Atguard suck becuse theres way to many pop up saying do you want to block this. Over and over again, and it slow.

I would go with norton or sygate, i use both.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by callum+12 September 2003 - 05:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (callum @ 12 September 2003 - 05:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-exeus@12 September 2003 - 04:56
    the main reason why firewalls / antivirus get updates is cos programmers hackers find ways around the protection so they then block that by updateing their progducts if you use an old/er firewall antivirus you are wasteing your time
    Even with an earlier version you can still have up to date virus definitions and signatures. [/b][/quote]
    yes but it is the main program executeable that you write your program to get around not the antivirus dat files.....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Nortons Internet security is gay..wouldnt stop a determined 5 year old

ZoneAlarm Pro 4 is good other wise the best way to go is to buy a Nokia Router(MW1122)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    My vote goes for Norton.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I&#39;ve used Norton, Zonealarm, and Sygate. Sygate is the best IMO.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by KrackHead2k@11 September 2003 - 23:30
    I&#39;ve used Norton, Zonealarm, and Sygate. Sygate is the best IMO.
    I would get rid of ZA, i hate it. It lock my comp and it wasent acseable till i got rid of ZA.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by zapjb@12 September 2003 - 04:25
    Sygate PF Pro 5.1 imo is the best. Paul & I believe also Balamm use it also. I really like it.
    I agree, thx to balamm for introducing it to me.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    yes but it is the main program executeable that you write your program to get around not the antivirus dat files.....
    I&#39;m using an older version of Sygatepro(5.0build1150). Its more stable than the newer versions. So far not many people have done much of anything except random port scans. The 5.1 builds were slowing down my computer to an unbearable level and also causing other random problems. Thanks for the advice, but I will stick with the older version. I make images ever so often and you(exeus) will not find anything of great value on my pc because I normally don&#39;t put anything like that on, and when I do the modem isn&#39;t plugged in so good luck on your hacking attempts&#33; I haven&#39;t had to use any images yet, so my firewall is doing exactly what I want it to do.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    BANNED
    well i know i&#39;m going to get hell for this but mcafee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast