Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cpu Overheating

Poster
    You want something pure so there's no film left behind at all. Paint thinner is actually a little oily.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by balamm@13 September 2003 - 09:15
    You want something pure so there's no film left behind at all. Paint thinner is actually a little oily.
    i told him that...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    listen chemist away and shite....i dont know these rudimentary implementations, ill spout some cumputer science at you (if only i learned at uni)

ps bawbag

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    You can get methylated spirit (ethanol laced with methanol to make it undrinkable for those who haven&#39;t heard the term) from any reasonable hardware store.

Just a thought, you say the fan is separate from the heatsink, is it blowing the right way? In most cases, the fan blows onto the heatsink.

Is it the variable speed model ? If so, what speed is the fan running at. At those temperatures it should be running flat out.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    its running flat out on manual adjustment, its blowing onto the heatsink, thanks for the tip....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Indeed 60+ is a high for anyone running a stock processor, with a better than stock fan.

Im running my 2500 Barton at 2150Mhz, with the stock fan, and only 2 case fans, and im getting lower than what you are. (50-58)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    I have an XP2200+ overclocked to 1950 mhz and a stock AMD fan and heatsink and I have never seen a temp higher than 51 degrees not even while gaming.Oh yeah and my apartment is on the eigth floor of our building and never goes below 25 degrees except for the winter time.
    I did get my temp to drop to 44 degrees just by changing my case and I added one case fan.Just yesterday I added two more case fans for a total of 5 and I am now running at 41 degrees.I think I&#39;d shit if I saw my temp go up to 65 dgrees.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    any more advice?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    lynx's Avatar .
    Is that going to help if the heat being generated at present isn&#39;t being removed? As I understand it, a peltier device generates more heat, it&#39;s just that one side of the peltier device cools down, but the other side heats up more.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast