View Poll Results: Is it ever Ok to post someones personal info??

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it is ok for the reason I stated below

23 14.94%
  • No it's NEVER OK and crosses the line

131 85.06%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it ever Ok to post someones personal info??

BlackKnight's Avatar In the wake of Gods BT Rep: +1
    of course it's never OK to post anyone's personal info.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    While in a few cases it would be alright, it it certainly not when it comes to anything BT/File sharing/scene related and anyone even thinking of doing so should get their head examined.

Like Cabalo said, remove any axx from morons like that, no matter how damn important they think they might be, because they clearly can't be trusted with any personal info. (that goes out to site staff)

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    teresckova's Avatar liVinG tHe future BT Rep: +1
    no,this kind of things are private and should remain private

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Hmm so we have 3 Yes votes had only one explanation. Nice

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    There could be many reasons to post someone's personal informations (criminals, pedofiles, politicans who steal money from the nation but never get caught, etc...). If there is about only torrenting, i agree with you, dont post personal information

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    NO,its never ok to post some ones info....but whats "ok" for some one is not "ok" for some one else
    no matter what anyone does in the bt world,he shouldnt be held resposible in the real world and put in a state of bother (unless u r the riaa or sumthing).....because thats not what fellow pirate does to an other.......

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nthpeter View Post
    There could be many reasons to post someone's personal informations (criminals, pedofiles, politicans who steal money from the nation but never get caught, etc...). If there is about only torrenting, i agree with you, dont post personal information

So you would post the information on public forums? Why not give it the authorities?

Never acceptable to post someone's personal information on public forums or any other public place. While you may not be stupid enough to act on the information are you certain someone else who reads it isn't?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Of course it's not ok.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nthpeter View Post

So you would post the information on public forums? Why not give it the authorities?

Never acceptable to post someone's personal information on public forums or any other public place. While you may not be stupid enough to act on the information are you certain someone else who reads it isn't?
    OK. For those members, who are so **** to understand simple things. Did Detale mentioned WHERE to post the info? What he actually said is that he doesnt want to inform us in this poll why he made this poll, and i havent read the thread he havent mentioned yet. And i havent said that i would post info in public forums. (what i would do when it comes to politicans, because authorities wont catch them because they have power...) So pls, think before you post or stfu.

P.S.: and what if i think its the right thing to post private infos in public places? You will reveal me now, to make your point? You will insult me?
    Last edited by nthpeter; 02-07-2009 at 10:54 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    It is never OK to post personal info in any public forum even if such user is a known ass-cheater. This is a filesharing forum, and by definition we are all doing something that is questionable by the general public.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast