Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Gft

flashforward
    gft will became much like FTN, even better in the near future.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by flashforward View Post
    gft will became much like FTN, even better in the near future.
    +1
    I just got in and its one hell of a tracker!

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    never seen the site myself but that is a lame reason not to download or use a site. The icons or design? Seriously?

Shows what those look for in their trackers a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeezfan1 View Post

hey, it sure might be just me, but I tend to use sites that look better visually. Im just saying GFT could go from awesome to excellent with a change of style
    So a new stylesheet and the site will be #1 for you or better? Where is the logic in that?
    I haven't seend GFT, but I have been on some trackers who's design was enough to make me sick, and I never go back if thats the case.
    I believe chronictracker was one if I remember right.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    I have been on some trackers who's design was enough to make me sick
    Nothing beats SITR in ugliness
    feels good, man

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I think GFT fails to comprehend that trusted good members here giving away invites to legit active guys is a GOOD thing. Banning someone if they decide to do a giveaway here on FST (and if they review the invitee's post history and rep etc.) and give it to a good deserving member could help GFT grow actually.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    I think GFT fails to comprehend that trusted good members here giving away invites to legit active guys is a GOOD thing. Banning someone if they decide to do a giveaway here on FST (and if they review the invitee's post history and rep etc.) and give it to a good deserving member could help GFT grow actually.
    No, public giveaways are very bad.
    The only time I've ever given away any sites is at uploader channels/forums where I know the other members will do well.

Since anyone can join FST, you'll probably get a terrible member. And at ratioless trackers the userbase is VERY important, becacause there's no easy way to weed out bad users.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    But the point is that they cannot control to whom the invites are given. What is the guarantee that anyone invited from FST is a 'legit active guy' and not an RIAA/MPAA employee. Although the chances are slim, but they don't want to take any chances. If I was in their place, I would have done the same thing.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by RexNex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    No, public giveaways are very bad.
    The only time I've ever given away any sites is at uploader channels/forums where I know the other members will do well.

Since anyone can join FST, you'll probably get a terrible member. And at ratioless trackers the userbase is VERY important, becacause there's no easy way to weed out bad users.
    They've got their upload boxes from these donations, and download amount is also recorded too just that they aren't displayed so it's possible to weed them out.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    But the point is that they cannot control to whom the invites are given. What is the guarantee that anyone invited from FST is a 'legit active guy' and not an RIAA/MPAA employee. Although the chances are slim, but they don't want to take any chances. If I was in their place, I would have done the same thing.
    While you have a good point, believe me if someone from the RIAA/MPAA once to get into a tracker, they most likely can, although it certainly doesnt help to be precaucious. I'm also against the whol giveaway idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    no_bother's Avatar Village Troll BT Rep: +4
    for all we know there could be some RIAA/MPAA guy in all our trackers.....
    I like GFT, its a little ugly but that will change with time

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast