Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bittorrent vs. fxp scene

Security? Explain why they all get owned? They don't know jack shit except what they read off 31337 pages of ub3r l33t hax0rs.

Less of you aswell.
    Last edited by Gheyness; 02-23-2009 at 02:20 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Polarbear you need to come up with some new material. These kind renewed topics which have been talked about over and over, are getting a little old.
    I have some new exciting stuff for you. I'll drop it in a pm and you can maybe do something with it. If you're busy I'll go ahead and open the topic myself, but I feel this kind of discussion suits you more.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheyness View Post
    Security? Explain why they all get owned? They don't know jack shit except what they read off 31337 pages of ub3r l33t hax0rs.

Less of you aswell.
    fatality man, fatality...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    @Polarbear
    you're making a post if bt is better in a bt forum. of course you will get biased and inaccurate results like,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheyness View Post
    http://starbug-one.info/torrents/the...ents-trackers/ found this and have to agree with what it says.
    I tend to think of the old school fxp boards and pubs as nearly the same thing. Newer day forums tend to be all rapid share and what not which is even worse imho. I prefer trackers or I wouldn't use them but back in the day if you didn't want much responsibility and you wanted to download 'warez' pubs was a kick ass relaxed way to do it. Now today I guess rapid share is the new pubs and fxp boards in general are near pointless to an extent. However, they wouldn't exist today if they are not needed. And sure they are rarer today because of p2p and direct download boards and ... but it still has its advantages.

The only real advantage when it comes to fxp boards imho is knowing people who can root and root well. It takes years to find good people but when you do such expertise can help when you want to get back at that asshole on such-en-such forum cuz he called you a script kiddy or stealing credit card numbers or :

I would say fxp board are more about meeting the people than the actual piracy. It is about the puzzle of getting into a box and that skill can be fun. I also think fxp boards have always been this way and that is why they refuse to die.

Now pubs in general I honestly don't even know anyone who does this any more but basically you can scan yourself and find rooted boxes from random fxp boards you're not associated with. Of time with enough scanning there will be some boxes that stay up 3 or 4 years even and keep getting fresh material. Eventually there are enough pubs were downloading is quite relaxing. However, I don't know of anyone who does this any more because of rapid share. It seems like direct download via http instead of ftp is more popular these days.

Also, back in the 90s the fxp boards would blend in sometimes with topsites. I don't see this any more either. Today asking if a site is legit would probably make the siteop wonder wtf is wrong with you but back in the 90s a good number of sites where not legit (edu topsites mainly). Remember the difference between a pub or a dump (fxp boards make) and a topsite is one is just ftp and another is tied to IRC with updating info for potential scripting. Because of this the two can blend and some fxp boards use to be tied to rings in the past.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    X X - - (-o-) (-o-) BT Rep: +3
    if its the usual 0day bullshit you can reach on the fxp boards, why would anybody need it. torrenting's beauty isnt in the pretimes, nor in the scene trackers. Have to admit its nice to be a member on scene trackers, but I could get those releases 5 years ago as well, before torrenting. But rare content is above all of these scene bullshit

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    a few years ago it took a while until scene releases were spread to bittorrent and p2p.

fxp boards got them earlier than bittorrent trackers.

nowadays bittorrent trackers get the stuff seconds or minutes after pre. if you're just an enduser of the releases and not a scanner, haxxor or filler looking for respect and the next stro, i can't see any great advantage of fxp boards anymore.

what do you think? are scene trackers enough for you or would you die for a membership on an fxp board?

having been on a fair few fxp boards, i really dont see the point. Bittorrent is far simpler, and less of a hassle. Plus you can count on a torrent on a tracker lasting a lot longer than one from a hacked server. I also think security is becoming a lot better on the internet so scanning/hacking the servers is more of a risky business and the servers last shorter than they used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    forthat's Avatar ha..ha ..ha.. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    P2P works on torrents where they can be done from homes unlike the FXp the main point that we are missing was the sharing with fun i haven't seen anything like that in Fxp boards ....
    more over the point the Fxp works on the server levels but will not work in the home user levels not many people have much internet speeds to their houses....more over bittorrent is much greater protocol that FXp if we see in technical comparisons .... the UDP and checksum of the every bit it got ......what more u want.....the realibility

and now a days the IRC of the trackers are damm active and got their own Irc servers..i don;t think Fxp boards are that much active .i never been in FXp boards personally
    Last edited by forthat; 02-24-2009 at 03:23 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    My ambitions aren't to become a scene member. The closest I'll ever be getting is a very rare BT site (if that).

I download stuff and watch/listen/use it. While I'm doing that, I share it with others. I'm not an uploader, a movie or music ripper or a hacker or anyone with talents that could help the scene. I'm just someone who finds prices of most digital media way too high atm.

So, bittorrent for me.
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 02-24-2009 at 03:58 PM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    UnGodly's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    torrenting is more enjoyable imo

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Bittorrents suffice. FXP Boards require full dedication and awful lot of time. Stress factor's enormously high as well. Been there, seen that, done that - I take torrenting as it is nowadays - a fascinating, enjoyable hobby. Stick around, and have fun downloading and sharing. Came to a point where I don't have to worry about ratios anymore: I download what i want and when i want. I worked hard for this kinda freedom. BTW both are addictive.
    Last edited by Sylar666; 02-25-2009 at 10:31 AM.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast