Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with being a trader?

puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Whats wrong with being a trader?
    not a damn thing. period.

be what you want.
    Go Leafs Go.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    at FST: nothing wrong.
    at trackers: possible security breach.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    at FST: nothing wrong.
    at trackers: possible security breach.
    This is what i came to realize recently i mean the security breach. My torrenting history can really be a damn book, better not talk about it. xD But trading can lead to best friendships ever. You make a transaction, you get to know the guy et cetera, also if i know for sure that he or she isnt a security breach, what is wrong with that anyway? Those traders that most call guilty in torrenting are the ones who help ya a lot about sites, invites et cetera, some of them are way more generous than some anti traders that keep their invite or sell it. It all depends on the people really, there are amazing traders out there that can help ya with anything... BTW i do believe that traders might not be a threat but gods gift to this community, but that doesnt mean i do trade cheat et cetera, keep the difference in your mind. I am already done with getting into sites i wanted to.
    Last edited by bilkenter; 03-27-2009 at 08:01 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I don't think it's been pointed out that traders don't trade just invites nowadays. No, the majority of trades is account related. That's worse and gets us into a situation when a single person has multiple accounts at a tracker, just so he can trade them on.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +1
    [Well in my entire career on FST I gaveaway moreless 100 invites. Is that bad?
    Yes, you'r supposed to invite your friends and not a bunch of idiots you don't really know.

I have never been banned from any tracker other than for inactivity. Is that bad?
    I believe that. Since you might have new trackers every week, ain't hard to not get banned.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Lince's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Possible security breach? BS!

Can someone explain me why some trackers that are against trading like bmtv, scl and bcg opened signups a few monts ago? Weren't they concerned about security? What if the bad guys joined the tracker at those open signups?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    You`re bound to get fucked if you`re a trader, staff from sites will usually find out who you are then they talk to other site staff and you will be banned on a bunch of trackers

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I think the "you dont know who you invite" argument is ridiculous.
    FST is about file sharing, there are many giveaways and other forms of invite sharing.

If you think that a simple ratio proof gives you any legit information about how good the user you inviting is, then you are either a huge noob or a seriously naive person. Have you ever heard about photoshop ? haha

Let's make it straight, for trades you can also require proofs in order to protect your account from being banned. I did this many times.

Now I invited many people through giveaways and there is one thing all of you seem to forget. Well GIVEAWAY means free stuff, and how much appreciation do you have for something that is free (and perhaps lower lvl tracker) ? The answer is NONE.

And because of that people cheat very often. Back in OiNK times I've seen people with great ratio proofs and scores from speedtest and few days later it appeared inviters priviliges were disabled.
    Trading on the other hand requries a transfer of invite in exchange for other invite. So you are paying for this and there is much more appreciation for these things.

Just to summerize, Trading and Givingaway is both breaking the tracker rules and are both the same things (u can trade with or withouty proofs, and same you can do with giveaways). I think this trend got popular because many people wanted to justify their pussyness and lack of success in the world of torrents and started to make traders look bad. I'm sorry I dont see any other logic explanation.

Also don't mix being a trader with tracker collector. And yes trades can make you more friends than licking ass on FST 24/7 hoping for free stuff. Once you make few friends like that you dont need to trade as much as you had before. Trading is more personal, giving away is like throwing food at bunch of hungry dogs - you cant get to know everyone of them.

Best Regards,
    Akaidoresu
    Last edited by AkaiDoresu; 03-27-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Have a nice day.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by AkaiDoresu View Post
    I think the "you dont know who you invite" argument is ridiculous.
    FST is about file sharing, there are many giveaways and other forms of invite sharing.

If you think that a simple ratio proof gives you any legit information about how good the user you inviting is, then you are either a huge noob or a seriously naive person.

Let's make it straight, for trades you can also require proofs in order to protect your account from being banned. I did this many times.

Now I invited many people through giveaways and there is one thing all of you seem to forget. Well GIVEAWAY means free stuff, and how much appreciation do you have for something that is free (and perhaps lower lvl tracker) ? The answer is NONE.

And because of that people cheat very often. Back in OiNK times I've seen people with great ratio proofs and scores from speedtest and few days later it appeared inviters priviliges were disabled.
    Trading on the other hand requries a transfer of invite in exchange for other invite. So you are paying for this and there is much more appreciation for these things.

Just to summerize, Trading and Givingaway is both breaking the tracker rules and are both the same things (u can trade with or withouty proofs, and same you can do with giveaways). I think this trend got popular because many people wanted to justify their pussyness and lack of success in the world of torrents and started to make traders look bad. I'm sorry I dont see any other logic explanation.

Best Regards,
    Akaidoresu
    I would say you are not going in the "Right" direction because in torrenting there is only "one way" that is to be pursued... No matter what you argue, it wont make sense for some, i say let it be, go along with the flow swimming against a current might be tough sometimes, so better get used to it earlier, been there seen it. Except for some exceptions that are open to reason like stoii and people like him, nobody gives a sh... about what you argue really. I dont mean myself, i am willing to listen every possible argument but for some there is only one truth

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast