Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Usenetworld.net?

The accounts of many customers who had contracted with the Usenetworld service, lead does not work since yesterday. I have written to Usenetworld but I have not had a response.

I have also written to support Newshosting but ignore the problem.

Newshosting said that not know to Usenetworld but they are liars because their accounts that are resold.

This smells very bad. This smells rotten.
    Last edited by MrBackup; 04-22-2009 at 01:18 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Hahaha you guys just ruined this (these) guy(s) business and the opportunity to get the cheapest usenet access.

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    Great job fellas.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Poster
    Hi guys, sorry i have not been back to the thread since I last reported my findings. Allow me to give you an update.

I sent a note to Newshosting about it. It took roughly a day, but the account that I was given for usenetworld was disabled. Once I found it was disabled, I wrote to usenetworld support asking why my access was canceled and was told "Access should be restored in no more than a few days".....So lets see what they can come up with for service in a few days.

Also, if you look on there website, it says something about giving access to something like 19 different systems across the world! I guess when they randomly pick which personal unlimited account they are going to sell/put you on, they can advertise and give access to that many systems!!

Oh yea one thing...when I first signed up, the first set of login details they sent me only worked to log in to the account center. What they have in there is some sort of web based news set up (similar to easynews I guess?) that you can download what you want right from your browser. It is branded with News Guys logos and stuff. I am thinking maybe they do indeed resell this type of service legitimately, but when they realized it was crap and needed something else to offer, this is what made them get into the sleazy business of selling personal accounts, remember, I had to write in telling them my login credentials, although they logged into the website fine, I could not login with my newsreader....it was only after logging that support ticket was I offered the newshosting details.

I will keep you all informed!

Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Hahaha you guys just ruined this (these) guy(s) business and the opportunity to get the cheapest usenet access.
    Yes, but how long would they have been around for? You would never know if your login would work or not...even though it is only 20 bucks, why give it to them?
    Last edited by hdjunky; 04-22-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    newsgroupie
    We shouldn't forget that whenever we click on a link on a web page, the site we go to can see the exact page that we came from.

Not every site op looks at this referral information, but many do, especially commercial sites involved in selling something.

So it's quite possible that someone from UsenetWorld has been reading this thread - or will soon!

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    "Hello

Please accept my apologies, service will resume within the next couple of days at the very most.

Cheers

Simon"

This is what the guru of Usenetworld and the are no service still, take two days like this. I would like to know what legal options might be taken against this company and this guy for doing what he does. Newshosting is also involved in because it knows that the maneuvers of this guy (Simon Green).

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBackup View Post
    "Hello

Please accept my apologies, service will resume within the next couple of days at the very most.

Cheers

Simon"

This is what the guru of Usenetworld and the are no service still, take two days like this. I would like to know what legal options might be taken against this company and this guy for doing what he does. Newshosting is also involved in because it knows that the maneuvers of this guy (Simon Green).
    If I were you I would ask them for a refund. If they don't give it to you, then call your CC company (assuming you paid by CC) and dispute the charge.

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    enigmax
    Something is suspect here. I've written to both Usenetworld and Newshosting more than once and they have both completely ignored my mails to explain the situation.

I expected more from Newshosting, i've been a customer of theirs for many years and have recommended them to many people. Never again. Plenty more providers around that are prepared to listen to customer concerns, or at least give them the courtesy of a reply.

enigmax // torrentfreak

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    This is why I like Astraweb, start trouble ticket and normally here from theme the same day, and you can't beat $11 unlimited plan either.
    [center]

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    This is why I like Astraweb, start trouble ticket and normally here from theme the same day, and you can't beat $11 unlimited plan either.
    truth.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123