Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should We Share?

internet.news
    hey I think there is more behind sharing: we have to share our thoughts openly
    to udnerstand each other better. ALSO OFFLINE AND ALSO IF IT IS DIFFICULT
    SOMETIMES AND IT IS INDEED!

But it is important. That is why I continue sharing my files and what more important my thoughts openly. If you would not share your files or thoughts I understand you in some ways, cause you are just human, but it is important.

and if you do not want to share files in us at the moment, keep on the idea of sharing by sharing your thoughts openly :)

thks,

david.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    PAiNKiLLER
    If you are downloading form others then you must allow them to download from you as well... I think its unfair if you don't share...

Image Resized

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    netweiser
    Originally posted by STYŠ+23 September 2003 - 09:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (STYŠ @ 23 September 2003 - 09:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gre1@22 September 2003 - 23:09
    Yes that is the exact point if u don&#39;t share then it (Kazaa-lite) will just DIE if u are not sharing then someone is not downloading.
    KZ Lite wasn&#39;t a good project bc it doesn&#39;t keep the P2P principe.
    KMD was REAL - if ya want to DL you must share &#33; [/b][/quote]
    h8 to say it, but he&#39;s got a point. yes kazaa lite is a hugely improved version of KMD. but....... KMD makes users share...kl dont&#33;

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Poster
    KMD didnt... It just made people go out and get the Kazaa Cheater program...

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    BANNED
    I think we should all share but me personally im shareing less but im not gonna totally stop

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by www.netweiser.com+23 September 2003 - 15:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (www.netweiser.com @ 23 September 2003 - 15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by STYŠ@23 September 2003 - 09:57
    <!--QuoteBegin-Gre1
    @22 September 2003 - 23:09
    Yes that is the exact point if u don&#39;t share then it (Kazaa-lite) will just DIE if u are not sharing then someone is not downloading.

KZ Lite wasn&#39;t a good project bc it doesn&#39;t keep the P2P principe.
    KMD was REAL - if ya want to DL you must share &#33;
    h8 to say it, but he&#39;s got a point. yes kazaa lite is a hugely improved version of KMD. but....... KMD makes users share...kl dont&#33; [/b][/quote]
    And that Pl level didn&#39;t do anything most people had low(0) I used to cut them off but then I got tired of that I ain&#39;t about to keep cutting everyone off who has low 0 some people didn&#39;t even know what it was some didn&#39;t care. So KMD didn&#39;t make u share it just showed who was and wasn&#39;t.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    Kazaa&#39;s PL system INTENTIONALLY SABOTAGED both Grokster and IMesh, 2 competing file-sharing programs that ALSO paid &#036;&#39;s to connect to the fasttrack network.

By the time I switched over to a Kazaa Lite version that had PL in it, I already knew how to hack the system registry to save and restore my PL at will.

Even if I totally blew it down to PL=0 and lost all my saves, I could still easily restore to PL=100 by deleting the entry.

So it had _VERY_ minimal protections against hacking -- to say nothing of the download-off-yourself tricks that came out...

KMD&#39;s &#39;solution&#39; for the download-off-yourself tricks -- make it so uploading to anyone on LAN ips have no effect on PL. So my uploading to router users had ZERO effect on my PL.

Even 1-point PL differences can cause instant disconnection from a download source, which results in lots of people getting lots of partial files and very few getting the whole file. This is very bad because Kazaa requires the WHOLE file before it can be shared. So it is a disaster even in terms of technical merit when it &#39;works&#39;...

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I wish this topic get&#39;s closed it&#39;s about nothing now the question is should we share and my answer is yes and that should be everyone else&#39;s case closed. But I have a Idea for this post hmm........ Yep, that will work.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Should We Share?
    I would&#39;ve answered that one, but at the moment i have to respond to a user who&#39;s dl 10 movies from me.
    Whats your opinion on shareing files?
    I&#39;ll tell u after the mods close this topic.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It&#39;s your choice.. you have a extremely slight chance out of the millions of kazaa users of getting caught, but if your brave.. you know u can also take legal action on the RIAA yourself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast