Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to improve your ratio on Private Trackers...... Where it is difficult to seed

colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    You can survive on any internet connection granted you are patient enough and reasonable with with you download.

you may think that but i've seen a few people die from it
    Excellent point! Remember to download your vegetables!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    bondgannu's Avatar The Pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    a site with only 3,000 members is never going to be as easy to seed on as one with 20,000 members.

and thats why it will most likely be ratioless.

You should also look at cross seeding.Works great with large HD files,i've heard good things about pretome, and the fact that its ratioless makes it a great candidate to leech from so as to cross seed on other harder to maintain trackers.
    Its all about patience and hardwork.
    K menas download content from one tacker and then seed it on another by making changes in its name....Provided the contents and size is same...Right...

Quote Originally Posted by colbert View Post
    You can survive on any internet connection granted you are patient enough and reasonable with with you download.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyPacker View Post
    If the tracker permits regular users to upload then upload and get a ratio boost, if not be sure to jump on new and popular torrents (for example Sims 3). Also be sure to look out for freeleech torrents (the download on these torrents is not counted towards your ratio but the upload is). Frequently trackers make large torrents or packs freeleech. If this is still difficult for you then you can cross seed by downloading a torrent from one site and seeding that same torrent at another site.
    DEfinetly that seems to be a great idea...

Thanks so much people I assume that will help me out a lot....

Regards.......

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I got invited to a hard to seed at tracker just recently so decided to upgrade my internet, now on 35/20...I will still have trouble keeping up with the seedboxers though.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    As long as you seed as long as possible you should be fine, no matter what tracker you have. I've seeded torrents for over 10 weeks, it will deffo improve your ratio.

Having a seedbox is not necessary, I managed to upload about 100GB by seeding from a 50kbs line a few years ago.

If you need some help or advice on how to build a good ratio feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by Roooney; 06-26-2009 at 11:46 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ^^
    BUT YOU UPLOAD SPEED is awesome.......And its equivalent to the upload speed of a Kimsufi seedbox

Mine is much lower than you....But its the best plan taken up by the home users here in India, I can also seed from 2 to 8 AM iNDIAN Standard time (IST):- i.e. 8:30 PM to 2:30 AM GMT (British Time)

Last edited by bondgannu; 06-27-2009 at 12:56 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    The hardest trackers I've found to seed on are 'what', 'waffles', 'KG' and 'bitmetv'. I have huge buffers on all of them that allow me to download anything I would ever want forever. In order to get the buffer, I've seeded a lot of my more popular downloads or unique ones pretty much forever or certainly on and off for a number of years. I'm not talking about 100s of torrents either; more like 8 from KG, 5 from bitmetv and 50 from 'what'. If sites allow partial seeding (bitmetv and the music sites do), then that also another option. My speed isn't great either (seed at around 200kbs if I have a lot of leechers but usually travels at 100kbs daily).

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I'll tell you all what I've noticed personally, regarding seeding. I used to utilize the Internet connection at a place where I used to work, getting some rather large files to download overnight. I was usually surprised to see that these files would not only fully download, but were also uploaded back at a ratio value of 1.5 to 2 by the time I got back in the morning. I had tested the connection speed, and I remember seeing that the numbers were equal for up and down, around 3.5 Mbps.
    Now, my connection at home is also 3.5M down, but only about 800K up; however, I've never been able to get anywhere near the similar kind of performance, relatively speaking. In other words, if my old work connection allowed for a file to be uploaded in 6 hours, I would expect my home connection, which is four times slower, to take four times as long - therefore 24 hours. But this is not the case, as it usually takes me a week or two to upload the file back!
    I guess the BT clients naturally seek out and give preference to seeders with more bandwidth, before falling back on "common folk" - that's why the superseeders with proper infrastructure never have any problems getting their upload ratios to be several times that of download. It's like economics: the rich keep getting richer, and the poor only get crumbs...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    when i was first starting i found a place very easy to seed on like TL and built a good buffer from partial seeding, then i could download stuff at TL without fear of getting in ratio trouble and seed it at any other site i use since most 0days have 90% same content. for smaller niche sites or music sites i would make sure to let everything seed for at least a month or 2 and i would always be looking for freeleech torrents. so basically use partial seeding, seed the same thing at as many different places as you can, keep stuff seeding for a long time, and look for freeleech torrents. before i ever used a seedbox i was a PU on all the sites i used with ~40 kb/s upload max. the much easier solution is to get a seedbox for a month and never worry about ratio again but i realize not everyone can afford it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I guess the BT clients naturally seek out and give preference to seeders with more bandwidth, before falling back on "common folk" - that's why the superseeders with proper infrastructure never have any problems getting their upload ratios to be several times that of download. It's like economics: the rich keep getting richer, and the poor only get crumbs...
    Yes, I think that reall true indeed,,,,,

They definetly chose peers with higher speed hence providing them even better uploads..

Seriously I should go for some good seedbox, if I want to be a god surviving member...
    Lets see...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12