Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: wot r the rules about starting fires on beaches?

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Racists. i only wanted some help

2. Lounge   -   #32
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Just get the instant barbecue, tard.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    it comes with coals rite? you set fire to the coals, wait for them to turn gray then put the meat on? yes?

4. Lounge   -   #34
    That's about it.

You can even put it in your wee pebble hole if you want.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    That's about it.

You can even put it in your wee pebble hole if you want.
    Harsh euphemism FTW

Oh wait...wee pebble hole on the beach

you could sort of semi disguise it to make it look like a real crocodile dundee kosher job.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. Lounge   -   #36
    You've taken that too far.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    fire on a beach.

1. Get some stones and make a small circle.
    2. Put some little sticks and twisted up paper in it. Fire lighters or firelighting gel will help too. This is your kindling. It burns quickly and will help light your bigger, longer lasting fuel
    3. Put several smallish logs (from supermarket, garage, etc. freshly collected wood is often damp) on at angles over your kindling. Kinda like a pyramid stuffed with kindling. Leave gaps so air can get to the base of the fire.
    4. Light the kindling.
    5. Hopefully your logs will catch fire.
    6. You might need to blow gently into the base to help the kidling burn the logs.
    7. when the fire is burning nicely, sit back and enjoy some beer. When it's burned down (few hours) and is glowing hot put a wire grill over it. I use the one i use in the house, just the wire bit not the tray,
    8. cook food.
    9. Don't start too big, just put a few logs on or you'll smother your kindling.
    10. Turn your logs frequently to the unburnt bits to burn them

If you don't have time to sit back and enjoy the making fire/burning it down bit, use an instant barbeque. Take the lid off, light the coal, wait for the flames to stop (you don't want to cook in flames, your food will taste of coal) and cook.

Or use one of these amazing things. I've seen them in all the major supermarkets this year. It's a fire bucket, its a barbeque, and you can take it away with you after and causes no mess to the surroundings you are enjoying. Fab. Any more help you need lovely, just ask.

Last edited by CrabGirl; 06-28-2009 at 09:17 PM.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Yeah, burger van boy will wait a few hours for the fire to be ready to cook on.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    One can live in hope. This is why I gave him alternatives though.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl View Post
    fire on a beach.

1. Get some stones and make a small circle.
    2. Put some little sticks and twisted up paper in it. Fire lighters or firelighting gel will help too. This is your kindling. It burns quickly and will help light your bigger, longer lasting fuel
    3. Put several smallish logs (from supermarket, garage, etc. freshly collected wood is often damp) on at angles over your kindling. Kinda like a pyramid stuffed with kindling. Leave gaps so air can get to the base of the fire.
    4. Light the kindling.
    5. Hopefully your logs will catch fire.
    6. You might need to blow gently into the base to help the kidling burn the logs.
    7. when the fire is burning nicely, sit back and enjoy some beer. When it's burned down (few hours) and is glowing hot put a wire grill over it. I use the one i use in the house, just the wire bit not the tray,
    8. cook food.
    9. Don't start too big, just put a few logs on or you'll smother your kindling.
    10. Turn your logs frequently to the unburnt bits to burn them

If you don't have time to sit back and enjoy the making fire/burning it down bit, use an instant barbeque. Take the lid off, light the coal, wait for the flames to stop (you don't want to cook in flames, your food will taste of coal) and cook.

Or use one of these amazing things. I've seen them in all the major supermarkets this year. It's a fire bucket, its a barbeque, and you can take it away with you after and causes no mess to the surroundings you are enjoying. Fab. Any more help you need lovely, just ask.

That looks like a fantastic means to set fire to the car on the way home.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast