Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vista is dead no one cares, Is it time to forgive Microsoft and embrace 7?

Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I'm bulding a new gaming PC most likely today and tomorrow. How is Windows 7 performance in games?

I was planning on installing Vista 64-bit but if Windows 7 is just as good and as fast and I might as well go for Windows 7 64-bit.

I'm happy with Xp 64-bit but I'm missing Direct X 10 by sticking with XP..

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    I'm bulding a new gaming PC most likely today and tomorrow. How is Windows 7 performance in games?

I was planning on installing Vista 64-bit but if Windows 7 is just as good and as fast and I might as well go for Windows 7 64-bit.

I'm happy with Xp 64-bit but I'm missing Direct X 10 by sticking with XP..
    Punkbuster doesn't yet work with Windows 7, so be aware of that. Any game that uses it, you essentially won't be able to play online. It isn't Windows fault though as some might say, but that Punkbuter has stated they would not offer any compatible version until a public release of the OS.

As for being able to handle games, it does just fine.

yo

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    I read some reviews and Windows 7 got owned with Crysis by Vista. Overal Windows 7 performs pretty good. XP seems to kick ass in DX 9 games though. Mmmm I guess I'll go with Vista and upgrade to Windows 7 later when it is officially released and when support for the OS gets much better. I would hate to start using Windows 7 with immature drivers. Vista was a total disaster when it came out with the poor drivers support it had.

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I reverted to Vista. I did it simply b/c loads of apps just aren't compatible with "7" yet. I'll wait for the public release and then hop back on.

yo

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I've been using 7 for months now, Crysis played fine and every other app I've used. I just might have to run it as admin and set it Vista compat.
    [center]

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    I reverted to Vista. I did it simply b/c loads of apps just aren't compatible with "7" yet. I'll wait for the public release and then hop back on.

Yea that what im thinking i probably wait till its full release, its not that long away.

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    turin's Avatar Turambar BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    I tried Vista once for about a month but definitely did not like it, so switched back to XP.

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by turin View Post
    I tried Vista once for about a month but definitely did not like it, so switched back to XP.
    The most I have ever used Vista has been about a week. I love XP! however since I'm building a gaming PC I want to be able to play games with DX 10.

9. News (Archive)   -   #19
    I preffer XP, but at least the Vista SP1 fixed most of the bugs in the original release. Will look forward to Windows 7 release!
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ►• Jpui •◄
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

10. News (Archive)   -   #20
    Just go 7-64 and i must say it was MUSCHO nice, but can't say i like having 2-3 BSOD pr day.
    Will embrace when they fix that..
    Hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast