Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Too Scared To Post On This Forum.

Poster
    I started reading this and thought I really must reply to this, that's the sort of thing which interests me.

As is my wont I read through all of the thread to get a feel for it and to ensure that I did not just repeat something which had already been discussed to death. Particularly as the thread is long already.

I now can't remember how it started. Can anyone rememind me.

Forgive the bad memory, I am 76 after all.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by AussieSheila@1 October 2003 - 14:05
    EVERY time I post on this forum I get attacked. Now I've been threatened with being banned for defending what I thought was a funny thread. I'm sorry but I was rofl while I was posting about Billy_Dean.

I've tried posting in World Events, and was immediately shot down in flames by the pseudo intellectuals that dominate there. Unless you have a double degree or an awfully thick skin, forget it! They don't want the opinion of us ordinary (yes, common, ilw) people.

Think about it and give the rest of us a chance.
    you've only had 4 posts and you are already posting this crap?

think what will happen to you if you had posted 100 posts?

3. Lounge   -   #83
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    billy dean started an inappropriate thread, which started a chain reaction that ended with uncertaintly about who are "new" members, if you know what i mean(think porkshit's "im leaving" thread)

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+1 October 2003 - 20:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 1 October 2003 - 20:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-AussieSheila@1 October 2003 - 14:05
    EVERY time I post on this forum I get attacked. Now I&#39;ve been threatened with being banned for defending what I thought was a funny thread. I&#39;m sorry but I was rofl while I was posting about Billy_Dean.

I&#39;ve tried posting in World Events, and was immediately shot down in flames by the pseudo intellectuals that dominate there. Unless you have a double degree or an awfully thick skin, forget it&#33; They don&#39;t want the opinion of us ordinary (yes, common, ilw) people.

Think about it and give the rest of us a chance.
    you&#39;ve only had 4 posts and you are already posting this crap?

think what will happen to you if you had posted 100 posts? [/b][/quote]
    Crap?????

Sheila might only have 4 posts up...But does that mean she&#39;s only posted 4 times in all the time she&#39;s been here?? I think not

5. Lounge   -   #85
    Double Agent
    oh i forgot the lounge doesn&#39;t count, my bad

6. Lounge   -   #86
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    james you type too fast

but now that you mention it jackstermj do you see anything unusual in this thread

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

7. Lounge   -   #87
    Poster
    I and others post the way we choose to post. We use the language the way we choose to use the language. I for one sometimes like the nuances of different words. As some chap said earlier the varied colours of the language. The subtle undertones and conotations.

Other people choose to post their way by using things like gr8 or not bother about spelling or using a lot of smillies or whatever. That is a matter for them, they get the colour if a different way.

Is one better than the other, that is either meaningless or subjective. So let people enjoy themselves and post the way they want to. If we were all the same then it would be really boring.

If you don&#39;t like an area then you can either stay away from it, or PM a Mod about it. If you choose to deal with the matter yourself, no problem. Just don&#39;t be surprised if people react in the way that annoyed you in the first place.

Oh and if you say things like ...." just think about that".... you deserve everything you get.

8. Lounge   -   #88
    Double Agent
    i am too tired to read the whole thing

i read the first and last page, nothing unusual

9. Lounge   -   #89
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by JPaul@1 October 2003 - 20:23
    I and others post the way we choose to post. We use the language the way we choose to use the language. I for one sometimes like the nuances of different words. As some chap said earlier the varied colours of the language. The subtle undertones and conotations.

Other people choose to post their way by using things like gr8 or not bother about spelling or using a lot of smillies or whatever. That is a matter for them, they get the colour if a different way.

Is one better than the other, that is either meaningless or subjective. So let people enjoy themselves and post the way they want to. If we were all the same then it would be really boring.

If you don&#39;t like an area then you can either stay away from it, or PM a Mod about it. If you choose to deal with the matter yourself, no problem. Just don&#39;t be surprised if people react in the way that annoyed you in the first place.

Oh and if you say things like ...." just think about that".... you deserve everything you get.
    How could one possibly follow that.
    How intimidating.

10. Lounge   -   #90
    Poster
    Originally posted by chalice+1 October 2003 - 21:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chalice @ 1 October 2003 - 21:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@1 October 2003 - 20:23

How could one possibly follow that.
    How intimidating. [/b][/quote]
    LOL

See - if you are being ironic, which I know you are, what is there to be intimidated about.

On the slight chance that you are not - what is there to be intimidated about.

Now that is expressing two different things, with exactly the same words, it just depends on the inflection.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast