Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Usenet vs. Rapidshare

Poster BT Rep: +1
    i heard that pretime for usenet is bad, equivalent to TPB. Except irc requests.

2. Newsgroups   -   #22
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Pretime is less than 2 minutes.
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #23
    mm i don't think it's better than private tracker like ScT for scene stuff, the guy which built the auto-script for usenet says: "pretime equivalent to TPB".Pretimes less than 2min is for irc requests nzb.
    Last edited by antrax34130; 10-09-2009 at 06:51 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #24
    Poster
    yea maybe usenet was slow before many years but today usenet has very fast pretimes just learn how to search and you will be fine.i usually get my stuff from usenet and upload to rs/mu
    i'm also a member of sct and can tell you that usenet has awesome pretime
    quick example
    Code:
    http://i9.raidpic.com/52fsd3.jpg
    don't wait someone to post .nzb file if you want fast pre > learn to search!
    Last edited by tnt; 10-09-2009 at 07:21 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #25
    hmm and? your example doesn't mean anything.
    topsites=>tops ftp=>private tracker=> NG/public tracker/boards.

usenet hasn't awesome pretime, i knwo all the best sites (private or public/irc requests)for nzb and pretimes for scene stuff are slower than sct for example...
    Example Cities XL is leaked and not on NG atm...

and for bones:
    !search
    Bones.S05E04.720p.HDTV.x264-SiTV ] [ Uploaded first @ TV 1m 25s after pre, followed by [TiT, SCC, PTM, FF, ScR, HT, AL, TL, ACE, DD, sX, TD, BSk, EZTV] ]
    !pre
    [PRE SEARCH] [ Bones.S05E04.720p.HDTV.x264-SiTV ] [ TV ] [ Released 4h 54m 26s ago [10/8/2009] ] [ 1144.0MB in 24F ]
    Last edited by antrax34130; 10-09-2009 at 11:50 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #26
    Poster
    yea usenet has slower pre than sct:usually 3-5 minutes delay but i can live with this
    Last edited by tnt; 10-15-2009 at 07:59 PM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #27
    gamesover's Avatar Panda BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    My only problem with Usenet is i cant find a newsreader im happy with. Newsbin was great until the trial ran out and i havent found a cracked version that works too well. I moved on to using Grabit but i can never max out my download speeds on it.

Then again with rapidshare you just need Orbit or Flashget and you are all good.

8. Newsgroups   -   #28
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by gamesover View Post
    My only problem with Usenet is i cant find a newsreader im happy with. Newsbin was great until the trial ran out and i havent found a cracked version that works too well. I moved on to using Grabit but i can never max out my download speeds on it.

Then again with rapidshare you just need Orbit or Flashget and you are all good.
    There are heaps to choose from.

Newsreader - Cracked *WORKING* app is indexed on here
    SABnzbd - It's open source, great addons. The utorrent of Usenet
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

9. Newsgroups   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by antrax34130 View Post

usenet hasn't awesome pretime, i knwo all the best sites (private or public/irc requests)for nzb and pretimes for scene stuff are slower than sct for example...

and for bones:
    !search
    Bones.S05E04.720p.HDTV.x264-SiTV ] [ Uploaded first @ TV 1m 25s after pre, followed by [TiT, SCC, PTM, FF, ScR, HT, AL, TL, ACE, DD, sX, TD, BSk, EZTV] ]
    !pre
    [PRE SEARCH] [ Bones.S05E04.720p.HDTV.x264-SiTV ] [ TV ] [ Released 4h 54m 26s ago [10/8/2009] ] [ 1144.0MB in 24F ]

The pretimes depend on what category we are talking about really. For TV releases the pretime is not bad, it's quite fast. Do remember there is more work to do than the torrent sites, the usenet posters have to generate parity files.

Btw, for TV posts, usenet won't beat the top private trackers, since this is where the auto-poster gets the releases from
    Last edited by UsenetGuy; 10-17-2009 at 11:07 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by UsenetGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antrax34130 View Post

and for bones:
    !search
    !pre

The pretimes depend on what category we are talking about really. For TV releases the pretime is not bad, it's quite fast. Do remember there is more work to do than the torrent sites, the usenet posters have to generate parity files.

Btw, for TV posts, usenet won't beat the top private trackers, since this is where the auto-poster gets the releases from
    Noobs. If you upload to a Tracker you just transfer from "Sceneftp" to seedbox. Usenet is "Sceneftp" to uploadserver and then to the usenetprovider.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast