Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Z

uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Let's just agree to disagree on the speed thing... This topic shouldn't get bogged down.

I've seen a couple of the Japanese version DBZ episodes and yes, they were subbed.
    The voice acting in it was pretty freaky, by the way... wait till you hear Krillin in his natural tongue.

Haven't seen DBGT yet. Cartoon Network stopped at the end of the Kid Buu Saga here and started repeats from the start of the Cell Saga again to keep the hardcore fans quiet until the next series begins.

I'm guessing that GT will probably air on CN here sometime early next year...

Have you seen Dragonball, the story of Goku as a child? Now that was cool... and the story is much better paced imo.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    dragon ball was good too, it was actually funny. the author at the time also had another anime series out called "Professor IQ"(straight translation), it was mad funny. it was about a professor made a super robot which was a little girl who goes around and mess things up(did that make sense?). i remembered little goku made a special appearance on "Professor IQ" once, it was great.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Poster
    yeah ok lets agree

ive seen some of the dbz in japanese, and the voices kinda anoy me. i just think they chose the wrong people for the voices.

about the super saiyins, i think after super saiyin2 they all looks a bit silly, persoannly i dont like super saiyin 3 that much, its way to different. it focueses on the hair to much instead of the muscles and stuff.

the one thing that pisses me of about dbz is that vegeta never once saved the day. its always goku, and the only thing i like about goku is how funny he is.

i think vegeta should of at least saved the day once out of 290+ episodes.

i havent seen the dragon ball series yet, are they in english ?

they only started releasing the dbgt episodes in english not to long ago, so i might start gettin those again.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    well at least he tried to save the day once in the Buu saga where he blew himself up. but sadly it failed. the reason why goku always saves the day because he's the main man, there's no point for him to not save the day. after all, everything happens around him/because of him.

oh yeah one more thing, the "Professor IQ" i refered to in previous post is called "Dr. Slump" in english, just found that out. it was TORIYAMA Akira's(DB author) first big hit.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Poster
    do you know if those dc.slump episodes are subbed ? and if they are good quality ?.

also, how you said everything happens around him because of him. well i think thats true in a way. but the only real saga's dedicated to goku were the andriod saga and th cell saga, since dc.gero made them to destroy him.

i cant remmeber if they other saga's were dedicated to goku or if they were just about enemies trying to YET AGAIN destroy the earth.

well, cya all, im goin to bed. cya all tommorow.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    portrayal of young girls as sexual objects
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i watched the original dragon ball when i was 5. thought is the gayest cartoon i&#39;ve every seen. all they do is shoot fireballs at each other. really boring, and i never bothered to watch dbz, so i don&#39;t know if its good or not. besides, i&#39;m too involved in games and homework, so i have very little time to watch movies or tv shows

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Poster
    Dbz kicked dragonballs sorry ass and as for portraying young girls as sexual objects check out almost any other japanimation. I think dbz does this like the very least out of almost all of them.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by huuramis@5 October 2003 - 18:44
    yeah its one of my favourites for sure. i dont understand how people cant like it.
    Dragonball, Z, GT is the most childish cartoon(s) I&#39;ve tried to watch in a long time. I only tried because there is a young guy in my crew at work who swears by it (he&#39;s 25) and has watched it for awhile.

They way everyone sounds, the sorry animation, drawn out story, and the fight scenes are horrendous (usually just a bunch of hands flailing).

Maybe I&#39;m just a couple generations to far to possibly like it.
    The same goes for YuGiOh and Digimon.
    And let&#39;s not mention the fact that the current generation of kids likes Transformers RID and Armada. Transformers has now been butchered and Pokemonized. Scccccreeeewwww missile. Some anime needs to stay away.
    In the end though I&#39;ll the current Transformers before DBGT crap.

To each his own
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Only in a Processor.
    dbz is the shit&#33;&#33; It is my fav. anime also.

I see some ppl like onegai teacher too, namely huuramis i have all 13 episodes on SVCD (it kicks ass&#33;&#33
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast