Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: sct pffft..

beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    Quote Originally Posted by NesteaZen View Post
    edit: Just so that I don't get flamed.
    With all the options against payment out there, I kind of feel like I have to download something, because I'm running out of time. But with p2p I don't have to pay attention to it. It's more relaxing.
    Except maybe for Usenet access with volume limit, which is kind of neat. Never tried it though.
    with p2p, I feel like I have to upload something

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    0.0 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    i realise the first three letters of the topic are a a bit offensive here but it amazes me the fuss in the torrent community over that sites demise.

having been one in the past, now i cant see why i ever bothered, all the seeding back, uploading, ratio issues, donating, banning .... the list could go on and on.

why dont they all just get into NG???

im trying to think of one, but i just cant..

you know, sharing is caring , i love to help other to get the files they want for free , i like to seed. Also, almost every torrent site have something lovely and valuavle that is called community . finaly, you get fast speeds and most of the time faster pre's, and content is free.

and yeah... i miss sct

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    after learning about usenet, I feel usenet is better then torrent especially for my case as my internet speed is fast at downloading but very very very slow of uploading due my ISP limit.

I'm a member of couple of private torrents and I have to get seedbox for at least for 2-3 months for a year to keep my ratio up for private torrent like IPT, TL, RevTT.

but i need seedbox every month for private torrent like bitmetv because i'm a huge fan of tv show and the people in there download really fast using rss or irc. so i have to get seedbox and some shared seedbox seller, they use other torrent program like rtorrent or torrentflux so i cant setup rss dling. at the end, i had to get dedicated seed box which is a lot expensive. Shared seedbox sometimes had a lot of downtime and problem also expensive. dedicated seedbox sometime down too and also, scammer problem.

using usenet is a lot cheaper in my case as i only need to pay news server $11/month + lifetime VIP in NZB matrix $10 (different case if you are in newzbin) compare to shared seedbox $25/month or dedicated seedbox $50/month.

In term of speed, I max my speed easily with usenet and I dont need to worry about uploading and also, safety because of SSL. eventhough i never get any letter.

that's my story and conclusion. but I still use torrents for some stuffs that cant be find in usenet. also, usenet has request area.

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    i'm just starting using usenet because i got scam a few time when trying to get seedbox from seller. also, i hate the down part about seedbox and bad customer service and ripped off reseller. lol. sorry for complaining but that's what i think.

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    beansis
    On private ones I will agree. Public, not so much. Vuze seeds where ever "I'm" needed.

It may not be as instantaneous as hosters, Usenet, ftp ie if you want a movie NOW, unless it's popular, you are out of luck.

And downloading for the sake of downloading, unless your ISP is a cheapskate and you want to "saturate" their line, is not really mine.
    My ISP (one of many) had offered 8192/768 kbps and I got 6176/512 kbps.
    It is a reseller, but still... And I'm pretty much in the center of Vienna so... I called the first time and asked why I only had 1024 kbps (yes, that much) and after a day or so they told me 6176 is all the main telco reports back. This is what happens if you support the weaker (I also didn't really need a fixed line).
    I still haven't called the main telco, ask them if I were to change because my contract expires (it's not) what my max bandwidth would be and see if it really isn't possible or if they play dirty.

But I agree on this. P2P is not really for HD content. You can download this or that film in a week or any other stuff, but on public trackers I'm sure very few people stay to seed, either they move the file somewhere else and it's not anymore in the client (if moved outside of the client) or they dont' have the space, watch it (play the game, etc) then delete it and do not really care if the torrent stays alive. But since I'm on public torrents 24/7 I can tell you: people seed.

And I also agree, seedbox vs usenet. I choose usenet.
    Last edited by NesteaZen; 12-08-2009 at 11:09 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    oddcat's Avatar Poster
    This seems to be a common theme. After using private trackers and donating occasionally (because of my crap upload speeds), I was left with the seedbox/usenet choice. I'd heard too many scare stories about seedboxes (people getting ripped off etc.) so usenet won. So far - no regrets.

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    Worries about getting caught download 0day releases, don't get very good speeds on bt...I did when I was using private trackers exclusively, but bittorrent always kills my internet connection. Additionally, seeding things back takes AGES when you upload at 50KB/s.

Usenet (for me anyways) won out in a very big way

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by quadomatic View Post
    bittorrent always kills my internet connection.
    Bad settings? Furthermore, if you add being behind a router on top of that, "BitTorrent makes the Internet stop" has a logical explanation.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    bittorrent always kills my internet connection.
    Bad settings? Furthermore, if you add being behind a router on top of that, "BitTorrent makes the Internet stop" has a logical explanation.
    I fiddled with connection settings for ages. My router is crap. I suppose I could buy a new router, but when my Usenet connection gets me a faster connection than I could get on torrents, AND I don't have to seed things back, and add to that downloading 0day releases without worrying about copyright infringement notices...Usenet is king

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    I fiddled with connection settings for ages. My router is crap. I suppose I could buy a new router
    I've had to deal with crap routers too, but setting conservative upload speed and max connection limits did the trick.
    Last edited by anon; 12-12-2009 at 05:57 PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast