Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: External Hard Drives

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    @leonidas I DON'T advise the following. You could always disconnect the fan that comes with the mobile rack.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by sampson@15 October 2003 - 09:30
    I dont think an external hard drive is what I thought it was

I thought it was simply a power cord, a usb cord, a simple installation disc, and it would basically be another drive on my computer, such as a: for floppies, d: for discs, and this would just be another drive just like c:. Am I way off base?? Is this something that a person with limited hardware experience can handle?
    You are quite right, in fact i don't think you need an installation disk for win2k and above.

We were merely pointing out that to get an 80GB external drive you will probably pay at least double the price of an internal drive, but if you buy a case and fit your own drive to the case you can save a lot of money.

The case is just that - a case, the drive inside is just like any other. So you end up paying a fortune for the case.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by lynx+15 October 2003 - 05:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 15 October 2003 - 05:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sampson@15 October 2003 - 09:30
    I dont think an external hard drive is what I thought it was

I thought it was simply a power cord, a usb cord, a simple installation disc, and it would basically be another drive on my computer, such as a: for floppies, d: for discs, and this would just be another drive just like c:.&nbsp; Am I way off base??&nbsp; Is this something that a person with limited hardware experience can handle?
    You are quite right, in fact i don&#39;t think you need an installation disk for win2k and above.

We were merely pointing out that to get an 80GB external drive you will probably pay at least double the price of an internal drive, but if you buy a case and fit your own drive to the case you can save a lot of money.

The case is just that - a case, the drive inside is just like any other. So you end up paying a fortune for the case. [/b][/quote]
    Got it B) THX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12