Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DVD-R VS HD VS Blu-ray Vs X264

hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kurdt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    You have way more understanding then anybody so far in this thread. People need to realize the source is the most important thing and then what codec it is encoded with and then what settings are used to preserve the transparency to the source.

Overall people need to stop downloading DVDs and DVD sourced content if HD is available. And download size should not even factor into peoples minds if the quality is good with the price of HDDs these days
    it took you 4 posts before adding any value to this thread. before that you were just talking shit.

obviously the best quality is going to be downloading full blu-rays which are about 25gb+ in size which is unacceptable to most torrenters who are doing this to save money, not spend more and more money on hard drives. a perfectly acceptable compromise can be achieved with x264 rips of blu-rays.

also, more pixels doesn't necessarily mean better quality, just as more mp on a camera doesn't necessarily mean better quality. it just means a bigger picture, that is all.
    Why would I do anything other than talk shit when people can't even use the search button. There have been so many of these damn threads its painful. So I just amuse myself

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradle View Post
    HD:
    And you'll find that HD rips are always encoded using the x264 codec.
    Dats not always true. RevTT , IPT and i guess pretome also have Xvid HD rips

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234