Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building A New System

Ex-member
    Originally posted by Pitbul@15 October 2003 - 16:26
    thats the "Performance" part of that word he was talking about cause you know how bad AMD's FBS can be. amd finaly came out with something that could beat Intel and now Intel will release their next CPU thats 64-bit but reaching 5GHz and releaseing with Windows Elements
    Sorry, I don't have a clue what you're talking about. Do you?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    James Bond,

Were I you ( or your friend), I would bag the CD burner and get a combo CD/DVD burner and maybe a CD reader.
    You could accomodate the price difference by switching from Intel to AMD.

That is how I'm setting up my new PC...instead of having hundreds of backup CDs, I'll end up with tens of backup DVDs.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    IMO opinion dual channel doesn't give you enough of a speed boost to warrant paying extra for it

also SATA doesn't really give you much extra speed unless you got a 10,000rpm hard-drive, even then its still not much
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Double Agent
    wow some very nice feedbacks from all of you

right now i am struggling with which one to go... amd or intel... i'll have to consult my friend on that. i am sure he doens't mind spending a few hundred bucks on intel's kick ass cpu performace and the hyperthreading technology coupled with winxp (i'll rip it for him of couse )

as for dual channel ddr it's a must for him

so for the cpu + mobo combo he's willing to spend a little more but still on the economic side of things.

for the mobo he wants sata, since the hdd i am buying for him does require sata and he *might* upgrade to SCSI in the future so i'll leave taht up to him. but i'll have to buy a mobo that supports everything.

thx kurts on the suggestion but john is right i'll have to pay for s&h plus canadian customs plus tax, which i am gonna blow my budget on. lol

as for the cdrw dvd combo the store i am looking at doesn't have black to match the quality antec sonata case, plus my friends doesn't watch dvd taht much, he uses kazaa if you know what i mean.

clocker could you tell me what a cd reader is? isn't that called a cd rom? lol

oh yeah intel still leads when it comes to performace with its kickass fsb and HT technology. even though all the computers i own is amd cpu but i am willing to give intel's HT cpus a try (that's why i got the killer ass babe on my sig _

thx guys keep it coming

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Double Agent
    oh yes one more thing...

which ram do you guys recommand: Infineon or kingston?

kingston ram is pricey but is that good for overclocking? cuz it's better quality?

and infieon ram is lower in quality?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@15 October 2003 - 14:40

as for the cdrw dvd combo the store i am looking at doesn't have black to match the quality antec sonata case, plus my friends doesn't watch dvd taht much, he uses kazaa if you know what i mean.

clocker could you tell me what a cd reader is? isn't that called a cd rom? lol

Not having black seems like a rather thin reason not to get it.
    Could they perhaps order it in for you?
    If your friend "uses" (nudge,nudge, wink,wink) Kazaa very much, then being able to backup his "data"(nudge, nudge,wink,wink) onto a DVD instead of a CD will pay off in the end.

Yes, a "CD reader=CD-ROM".
    I'm not as teknickle as some...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@15 October 2003 - 16:46
    oh yes one more thing...

which ram do you guys recommand: Infineon or kingston?

kingston ram is pricey but is that good for overclocking? cuz it's better quality?

and infieon ram is lower in quality?
    I prefer the Infineon. But that's just my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12