Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My boxing fight on friday

BANNED BT Rep: +2
    have you tried popping it back into place?

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I am genuinely sorry to hear of your injury Albo, you definitely show potential and should not let this setback slow you down. For me at least I have a new found respect for you and I hope that you carry on, as you have talent in what is a very difficult sport. Good luck.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I am genuinely sorry to hear of your injury Albo, you definitely show potential and should not let this setback slow you down. For me at least I have a new found respect for you and I hope that you carry on, as you have talent in what is a very difficult sport. Good luck.
    Thanks man, I appreciate that. I'm not going to let this slow me down or hold me back for sure.
    Right now I'm going to take a little break from it because I got some things to take care of in my life, but as soon as I get those things in track I will be back next year in time to start training for the next tournament(and this time around I'm going to train a lot harder).

4. Lounge   -   #44
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Not UFC material but nonetheless a good amateur fight. Some of your punches weren't thrown properly, but I'm sure through experience you'll fix those punches .

Are you thinking boxing as a serious career path? Love to see some more fights!
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Thanks man. Yea you're right about some of the punches not being thrown properly. That was my first time preforming infront of a big crowd and i wasn't focused as much as I should have been especially when it came to throwing punches right. I didn't realize that I was throwing my left from my hip the whole entire time until I came home and watched the video the next day. The left should be up below your chin when you throw it in case you need to block right after or to follow the jab up with a left hook.

I've had sparring matches far better than this match with far better opponents. Overall I gotta say that this match was sloppy for me and a poor performance(especially stamina and defensive wise).

I used to want to make this sport my life and had plans about turning PRO but as time passed by I realized that it's a very very hard lifestyle and a gamble because if you don't make it your whole life is over basically. Now I'm just doing it for fun and because it's very hard to let it go. I quit a lot of times before and said fuck boxing but I always end up going back to the gym and training. One reason why I go back it's because I struggle with addiction to cigarettes and a bad lifestyle, and whenever I get sick of what I'm doing and start looking for something to completely take my mind off things, I start training hard again which leaves me little time to think about stress and life problems for a couple of months. It has become like a healing process for me at this point and I'm grateful to it.

Boxing is a very serious sport and it requires a lot of training. One thing I'm glad for it's finding the courage to let the PRO boxing dreams go. I don't know if you've ever heard this before but they say that boxing is a dumb mans sport and you really have to put everything on the line to make it. I'm not with that and I'm looking for an easier and normal life. I have plans of going to college and getting a degree but I'm probably still going to keep training and fight in Amateur tournaments for fun.

And you guys are probably wondering "What the fuck is this kid talking about, he only has one fight and he's talking about turning PRO!?!" lol true but boxing works in weird ways. All the hard work makes you delusional.
    I've been training on and off for a very long time (since 16) and all those hours at the gym, all those hard hours of running all that goes through your head is about becoming world champion regardless if you have 1 fight or 100 fights and that's why I said I was glad that I gave up on those kind of dreams. It took a lot of courage believe me but sometimes you just need to wake up and start thinking realistically.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 02-23-2010 at 10:42 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Nice post Albo. Trust me when I was at school we had Fight Clubs and it got serious after a kid got KO'd. Most of my year got suspended and so were spectators. It was nearly a whole school event, even some of the casual staff were witnesses.

When I was fighting with a big crowd, I had adrenalin rushes and it honestly numbed teh pain of all punches. It was a good feeling, at that point I was thinking of taking it seriously but my teachers, parent and some of my friends thought it was a dumb idea.

I left school and still have small fights here and there, but juggling Work and TAFE isn't as easy as people think, especially if one of your jobs is a baker which require you to work hard from the early hrs of the morning till afternoon then go to TAFE, but I love it .

I can seriously relate to this thread. Instead of cigarette addiction I'm addicted to Nurofen (back has been playing up for over a yr).

HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT FTW!!!

Keep it up Albo
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. Lounge   -   #47
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    "Fight Clubs", lol. I'd love to see you pull one of those in my southside safari. See how long you last.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    I really like this thread, I really do...shows a lot about your character, Albo...its never easy to give up on your dreams (regardless of how unrealistic they may be) especially at a fairly young age...but that shows how mature you are...I'm no boxing expert (heck not even a novice for that matter) but I can still see what the sport means to you...sure you didn't perform as well as you were hoping for, but at the very least you tried

I'm sure you'll get better with time (and practice ofcourse)...keep it up!

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Thanks kooltilldend

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    By the way, what are you up to?
    Haven't ever seen you online here or at msn again. Hope all is well with you.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast