Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Installing rtorrent and rutorrent on Debian based linux

Yes I chmod all directories. I do, in my case chmod -R 777 downloads . The problem can be for the files exist when I create rutorrent?

Where I do this <Location /rutorrent> code in the pastebin, but replace /rutorrent with /files. Put where? On the same file as protection of rutorrent? If yes in part of file? After all text (on pastebin) and repeat for a data folder?

Can me give an exemple of the text file?

Thanks alot (again and again...)
    Last edited by hydpt; 03-06-2010 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #12
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Something like this:
    http://pastebin.ca/1824561

Then visit https://your.server.ip/files/

You don't actually have to move the files to /var/www/files/, you should be able to make symlinks between the files/folders and /var/www/files/.

Not sure what to tell you with the permissions though :|
    Last edited by ca_aok; 03-06-2010 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #13
    fix

Thanks ca_aok!!
    Last edited by hydpt; 03-07-2010 at 02:06 AM.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #14
    Note: A few things have changed (rutorrent is now out of beta, svn links need updating, a few more packages need to be added/subtracted to make apt play nicely, etc). I plan on doing this over the course of the weekend. For those of you who want to install the latest stable, use the old stable instructions and replace "2.8" with "3.0", it should work ok.
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #15
    Note: I finally got my lazy ass around to updating this now that rutorrent 3.0 stable is out. I switched a few other things around as well. Still a work in progress though.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #16
    pejamas
    cant access: http://pastebin.ca/1802303.. cann you put in on pastebin.com?

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #17
    I paid someone $5 to fix it up for me... LOL... works flawlessly now.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #18
    subvertbeats
    Quote Originally Posted by pejamas View Post
    cant access: http://pastebin.ca/1802303.. Cann you put in on pastebin.com?
    +1

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #19
    http://pastebin.com/LzA7DmQm

Enjoy! Hopefully pastebin.ca will be back up shortly.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #20
    Slickerey's Avatar <3 FST BT Rep: +2
    I just wanted to thank you for writing this tutorial.

I'm sure that it took you a lot of time to write it, but this will definitely come in handy for those who use dedicated servers with Debian.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast