Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Place To Buy Gaming Pc's For Cheap?

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by Schuler@21 October 2003 - 04:09
    I think he was looking for places to buy PC's cheap not to build them himself. ABS may be a tad more expensive them some others but their new ones are looking nicer and nicer. I think some kid on my floor bought from Ibuypower and hasn't had any problems.
    u talking bout someone with big ass wallet and fat ass.lol. jk bout fat ass. big wallet for sure. go with ibuypower if u live in us. pretty good if ur a noob or don't feel like building one for some reason

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Seriously, build it yourself. OR buy all the components from newegg.com and pay someone at a local shop to assemble it (probably cost 20 dollars at most). Watch them while they assemble it and you just got a $20 lesson in computer assembly.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    ABS all the way. i love the yellow organizer that that it comes with. Hiiighly recommended.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by sage0112@22 October 2003 - 23:06
    ABS all the way. i love the yellow organizer that that it comes with. Hiiighly recommended.
    yea, but also higly priced. the abs comps are very nice, but very expensive. with same $, i would build. if u don't want to build, then go with ibuypower

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    L0rD_S0tH's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+22 October 2003 - 17:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 22 October 2003 - 17:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sage0112@22 October 2003 - 23:06
    ABS all the way. i love the yellow organizer that that it comes with.&nbsp; Hiiighly recommended.
    yea, but also higly priced. the abs comps are very nice, but very expensive. with same &#036;, i would build. if u don&#39;t want to build, then go with ibuypower [/b][/quote]
    I didn&#39;t find abs to be all that expensive. not compared to dell or gateway, at least.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Poster
    I didnt find ABS expensive compared to mainstream either but it might be more than ibuypower.com. If you know someone who would assemble a computer for you, that would be a good option too.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    WTF? i&#39;ve used cyberpowerinc.com 4 bout a year and this ibuypower.com looks exactly like the same site, same puters 4 sale, just a different name on em&#33;

WEIRD&#33;

oh yeah, if u like 2 waste time or want 2 learn more about pc&#39;s build ur own. u&#39;d prolly only save (MAYBE SAVE - maybe spend more) a few bucks.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Depending on where you live a good alternative might be finding a good local computer shop and having them build a PC for you.
    You can realize the benefits of doing it yourself without the hassles of shipping.
    Plus, if you have a problem you have a local source of repair/advice to turn to.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by clocker@23 October 2003 - 01:47
    Depending on where you live a good alternative might be finding a good local computer shop and having them build a PC for you.
    You can realize the benefits of doing it yourself without the hassles of shipping.
    Plus, if you have a problem you have a local source of repair/advice to turn to.
    i used 2 work 4 a local computer company - our puters were total rip offs - as i assume r most small vendors.

we used name brand parts and all, but they were way 2 over priced.

true, that if u buy from local vendor, u can hopefully get some free advice/repair. if it wasn&#39;t warranty, we charged &#036;75 bucks an hour 4 home users -

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by kurtsl0an+22 October 2003 - 18:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kurtsl0an @ 22 October 2003 - 18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@23 October 2003 - 01:47
    i used 2 work 4 a local computer company - our puters were total rip offs - as i assume r most small vendors.

we used name brand parts and all, but they were way 2 over priced.

true, that if u buy from local vendor, u can hopefully get some free advice/repair. if it wasn&#39;t warranty, we charged &#036;75 bucks an hour 4 home users - [/b][/quote]
    Maybe we aren&#39;t talking about the same sort of shop, Kurt.

My shop is a three man operation and their main business comes from dealing with software problems and replacing dead HDDs and the like.

They will assemble a machine for you as well.

I think the trick is to find people who are willing to be honest with you and are more willing to listen to your needs/wants/drivel (in my case) than racking up big sales on stuff they think is overrated or useless. Yes, they have biases, but they freely admit them and can explain what they are based on.
    When I assembled my first machine in August I had a terrible time getting my video card to work. Even though I hadn&#39;t purchased it from them, they spent several hours trying to set it up for me and didn&#39;t charge me a cent.
    Now I always check them first when looking for something and if they can&#39;t be competitive they say so, no hard feelings.

I&#39;m just lucky, I guess.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast