Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well...

JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    If I dislike it, I'll wait till astraweb gets on its feet properly as you said would happen.
    In 8 months astraweb will have almost 2 years worth of files on their servers. Right now they have like 300-400 something days I think, don't trip little guy, it's OK if you don't understand

Giganews has like 350-400, files after a certain point are not all there, if at all. Its kinda of like alot of different things getting piled on a plateau from the middle, the older shit gets pushed to the edges and falls off, but some doesn't(thus a 360 day file will be fucked and incomplete and unrepairable), and the plateau's keep competing to see who can get bigger and keep the stuff from falling off the edges

Im not sure on the exact days because both giganews and astraweb are now advertising their potential/future retention not the actual current retention.

Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    What makes you think astraweb will surpass giganews' retention in 8 months? Is giganews planning to stop adding storage at some point? Because each provider can only add 1 day of retention per day, it's impossible to add more than that.
    lol, astraweb will surpass giganews in price, im mean really who is gonna need more then 2 years worth of files? After a point its just pointless to pay the extra money. If anything people will get a 5$ block account for fills.

Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    EDIT: And I missed your astraweb recommendation. To be honest, a lot of people seem to recommend that (in this thread, at least) I'll go for it first, as soon as paypal cashes in my transfer. If it works out well, then I'm happy that I saved that extra 10$ for next month... lol.
    nubs always go for old files, dont come here asking for requests. LOL
    Last edited by JustDOSE; 03-01-2010 at 05:48 AM.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12