Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Ring of Death

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I packed it up and dropped it off for repair.

2. Games   -   #12
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    I packed it up and dropped it off for repair.
    You better hope they give you the updated model, as the old ones will just do the same thing.

The new ones have an extra heat sink, and have reduced strain on gpu/cpu (by actually making them have worse speeds)...
    Although I've never even noticed the difference ever between the older and newer models. Actually the newer models are better in my opinion because the don't get rrod frequently.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 03-09-2010 at 05:09 AM.

3. Games   -   #13
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Sorry to peak in, but I know TVCY is an xbox expert.

How hard would you rate jtag'ing a xbox from 1 to 10 ? (my soldering skills are terrible).
    Last edited by Cabalo; 03-09-2010 at 05:15 AM.

4. Games   -   #14
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

How hard would you rate jtag'ing a xbox from 1 to 10 ? (my soldering skills are terrible).
    10 of 10....it take alot alot alot alot alot of work, just Google the guide and you shall see

I love the comments throw away the 360 and get a PS3 and then play what? GOW III, FF XIII, Heavy Rain, Drakes 1 and 2, then what? MW2, BFBC2....okay now what?

Perfect reason to have both, Metro 2033, and quite a few other bad ass games coming to 360. PS3 exclusives for this year are done.

tesco, the RROD is 3 years from the your first ring of death or a certain model...mine is still covered, mines been in 3x
    [center]

5. Games   -   #15
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    SOL, PS3 has many many nice games, depending on what king of games you like... I'm not defending the idea that someone should throw away an xbox to buy a ps3 but having both of the consoles, I decided to get rid of one of them and guess what? I'll keep the ps3 since I have a good PC to play most of the games I like for xbox360. =/

6. Games   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

10 of 10....it take alot alot alot alot alot of work, just Google the guide and you shall see

I love the comments throw away the 360 and get a PS3 and then play what? GOW III, FF XIII, Heavy Rain, Drakes 1 and 2, then what? MW2, BFBC2....okay now what?

Perfect reason to have both, Metro 2033, and quite a few other bad ass games coming to 360. PS3 exclusives for this year are done.

tesco, the RROD is 3 years from the your first ring of death or a certain model...mine is still covered, mines been in 3x
    It says on the microsoft site that it is 3 years from the original purchase date.
    After they replace it you get 90 days or the remaining amount of your warranty from purchase date, whichever is larger.
    I didn't see anything about getting a new 3 year warranty starting at the first RROD.

When I dropped off my xbox at the UPS Store the man knew exactly what I had. I asked if he has many coming through per week, he said "Lets do it by day... at least 5 a day". I can't believe it. How is MS making any money?

7. Games   -   #17
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    It's a lot cheaper than upgrading your PC every 2 months

tesco, I got a letter in the mail from M$ after the class action lawsuit against them, and said, blah blah, that my warranty is now extended for 3 more years, if I can dig it up, I'll say what it says for sure.

7th, I like a lot of games, if you have a 360, what games are you missing from the PS3 side? Kill Zone (Resistance is shit), MGS4(the only only only reason I got my PS3, well Bluray too and of course GOW III), Drakes 1 and 2, and GOW III, Heavy Rain (but it's not in the upper echelon of games for me yet)oh, and MLB10: The Show (best baseball game I've ever played)the rest are on 360, there is really no sense to just dump the 360 for about 10-20 games on PS3. 360 has the edge in the game selection becasue of the head start, also, Microsoft has a way of getting the DLC content and only for 360, both sides have the benefits, but for a online gamer (not me) 360 has it locked. I love the design and functionality of the PS3 better, but I would never dump my 360, ME2 for starters. Still though, I think the PS3 is starting to sell a lot better of lately. Next, I don't think I will be to much into any more games till the fall (well maybe I need to see what's coming out, well Splinter Cell is ), when Fallout New Vegas hits
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 03-10-2010 at 02:00 AM.
    [center]

8. Games   -   #18
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Or just do the american way, buy another one at target or walmart, and a few days later return the old one, nobody will ever know.

9. Games   -   #19
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Or just do the american way, buy another one at target or walmart, and a few days later return the old one, nobody will ever know.
    Pure gold.

10. Games   -   #20
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    I've tried it before, they check the serial number on the back lol.

And to Jtag an xbox 360 is a 10/10 I would say because of a few reasons:

1) only certain xbox's are compatible with the mod
    2) you must not have updated via live since August 2009
    3) you must not have used any game that released past August 2009
    4) you have to know how to soldier really well
    5) You have to be knowledgeable with hard to use software

I would do a jtag myself but I updated my 360 via live in late October. And my other 2 are still under warranty and are updated also.

The jtag xbox 360's are know to get banned really fast on xbox live also. In which you would have to by another keyvault to get online again (~$70)
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 03-10-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast