Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mahathir Again Says Jews Control World

speaking of the UN, I must say that in my mind if the UN was just to cease to exist, I wouldn't care. like as if France deserves a veto, to me it is ridiculous. But yes, thank lordie Malaysia doesn't have a veto.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    There exists anti-semitism in the U.N., barely subliminated in some cases.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Hmmm I see what you mean J2K4 with such startling revelations from a World Leader the chances of discussing long term peace in the ME in a sensible manner are somewhat slim.

The idea that people as disparate as Marx (Karl and Groucho), Bob Dylan, Mahler, Woody Allen and old Mrs Cohen who runs the bagel shop are all part of some huge conspiracy which no one else is privy to stretches my incredulity past breaking point.

The Anglo French agreement (Balfour declaration) in 1917 said that Jews could settle in Palestine as a homeland. Faisal, later King Faisal of Iraq, said that they would be welcomed as brothers and that there was room for both. By 1935 about 150,000 had moved there and bought land - there was very little friction and no shootings or bombs. By 1939, thanks to a Mr. Hiltler and the assistance of the British administration in Palestine, there were 650,000 Jews in Palestine - mostly frightened people who had lost everything to the Nazis. There was also a panic struck Palestinian population who begged the British to send no more. (Shades of current anti immigration on our own shores here I think ) Britain started sending ships back to Germany and consigning people to the resettlement camps which in turn became the concentration camps and ultimately to their deaths.

Yes there has been a Zionist thread in Jewish culture as in the "next year in Jerusalem" toast. However, the overwhelming majority are happy with their lives in New York, London or wherever. Can you imagine Woody Allen anywhere but Manhatten? Come to think of it, the backbone of the US liberal intellgensia are Jewish and all vote Democrat

Through the pogroms of Russia, and the death squads of Nazi Germany the Jews were displaced. The Palestinians were left holding the baby and felt put upon. The numbers in Israel swelled further as Jews tried to escape persecution in the Soviet Union. This created further tensions in the region as these people found it hard to integrate with western Jews (still do).

There are many good people in both the Israeli and Palestinian camps. However two frightened peoples have let the hawks into the roost - the bloodbath is hardly a surprise.

I know this a very potted history and there are lots of wrongs and rights on both sides missed out - but do they really make a difference? There is no Zionist plot - simply a lot of angry displaced people fighting over land and water. Hitherto Jews and Muslims had co-existed better than most religiously diverse groups and certainly with far less bloodshed than the Jews and Christians.

Yes there are rich Jews and it is no surprise that they do support their own. The poor Jews do likewise. However, Rupert Murdoch is not Jewish and as far as I can see he owns most of the world 's media (joke - please do not list stats proving otherwise).

I have no intention of being contentious here and would hope that what I say above pours oil on troubled waters. However, I realise that others might find fault with what I say and I am happy to take criticism for it.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Your "oil" is the "Balm of Gilead", Biggles.

The situation in the mideast is best viewed at a certain remove-ironic, isn't it, how the lessons of history are lost to the selective and sectarian memories of same.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Rupert Murdoch or Rupert Murdoch .......

Rupert's father Sir Keith Murdoch attained his prominent position in Australian society through a fortuitous marriage to the daughter of a wealthy Jewish family, née Elisabeth Joy Greene. Through his wife's connections, Keith Murdoch was subsequently promoted from reporter to chairman of the British-owned newspaper where he worked. There was enough money to buy himself a knighthood of the British realm, two newspapers in Adelaide, South Australia, and a radio station in a faraway mining town. For some reason, Murdoch has always tried to hide the fact that his pious mother brought him up as a Jew...

And that, as I am sure you know, makes him a Jew according to the law of the Talmud, and indeed according to the present laws of Israel.

Please Note:
    This post does not mean that i am a proponent to any "Jewish Conspiracy" theory...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Rat Face

Well I never! You live and learn it would appear. I had no knowledge of Mr. Murdoch's Jewish connection. Murdoch being a Scottish name I thought we had to take some of the blame somewhere down the line - nice to see we can share it with somebody else.

However, his mother could not have been too orthodox or she would never have married a non-Jew and I certainly won't be suggesting that Rupert is a member of the liberal intelligensia.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12