Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best, Fastest Bittorrent Program Available?

well i used to use shareaza to handle torrents & i turned that option off & started using Shadows.

theres loads more info, but this doesnt matter cause i dont get it anyway & the GUI sucks

shadows actually dl more/faster than raza & ul less(! but this could also be cause theres more networks+some files raza dls faster because its more available on other networks)

id leave it to you for picking between these 2 (raza wasnt mentioned before)

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    I actually use 2 clients nowadays.

-Torrentstorm: Is basically a front-end for Shadow's and groups all seperate windows and info into one handy GUI

-Azureus: Far more advanced than the rest. I use that as it enables you to download seperate files from 1 torrent and it has a built-in tracker, which I can use as backup tracker in case the normal tracker goes down.

I do agree that Shadow's (and thus Torrentstorm) SEEMS faster, but I really don't have any hard evidence for that.
    Can't remember a movie's name? Ask help at MovieWorld's Lost & Found

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I tried those but they just didn't match up to shawdows client to me I want the older version of it I think it is 5.8.2(not sure if correct but the one before the current one) if anyone knows where to get it could u let me know. thanxs.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Im pretty sure all the clients are based on the same core its just that some clients add more features. The only thing that you can do it make your uploads fast but not so fast that it slows down your download and the only way you know how fast to go is throught experence.

I like the UPnP client. It copys every torrent into a folder in My Documents, you can pick which files you want to dl in batch torrents and you can pick which file you have priority. Its based on shadwoz client so you also have all of thoses features.
    (yes i do realized that its a client based on a hacked client based on a hacked client) lol

http://aaron2003.myftp.org/upnpclient.html

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    muchspl2
    incorrect, shadows uses the same protocol, but not like what your saying, in fact, most newer clients are using shadows core and just changing the GUI

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I know there the same but I just want that one.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    well i just switched from shadow to azureus and i must say that its far more advanced, offers more settings and has a fairly good gui.

that shadows client is faster is not true, its the same. however i must say that in az. you can update the number of clients your connected to manually, while you cant in shadows.

you can also see what client is being used by the other people and at least 50% of them is shadows client and just a few are azureus

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123