Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Speed

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    my father got off with speeding once

he wrote them a letter to say I didn't know I was going fast and I couldn't slow down and after 43 years of driving with a clean record I shoudl get off

he got off

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by lilmiss@29 October 2003 - 02:16
    I was hit at 80mph or more on a 30mph road by a landrover.
    good point speeding does hurt other people and maybe it shouldn't be how you will get off but how you'll not do it again though they do say that tax evisan and speed are the two crimes most people are guilty of

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    As a speeder myself I must say randy you are going to fucking fast. I've gone 140 mph.......on straight open highway but not around bends and shit, and not around other cars. I'm in the US (Wash DC Metro area) and have gone 80 mph in a 55 on the highway in the left lane. I'm hearing some crazy shit on here. Folks going 100 mph in a 40 zone ? I've had slow fender benders that were my fault but who hasn't......but I've never had an accident due to going to fast.
    I do have my rants though:

On a 2 to 4 lane highway if you are a slow driver and are not passing a slower driver...........GET YOUR ASS IN THE RIGHT LANE!!!
    Have some courtesy
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #24
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Just two simple questions.
    Why were you doing a 105 mph when you knew that this was breaking the law?
    Are you one of these people that stand drinking in a bar(With your car sitting outside) and say. 'They broke into my car and stole my stereo(Putting no one in danger by the way), They should lock the bastards away'?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    If the officer doesn't show up to court, you get off scott-free (This is for US. I don't know the rules in other countries).
    its the same here in canada thats why i suggested fightiing the ticket in court

6. Lounge   -   #26
    jetje's Avatar former star
    I know people that never speed but sure can't drive, they're a bigger danger to traffic and people then someone that's speeding. Thing is there are places and times when you can go faster but a good driver knows where and when. If someone doesn't see that (s)he's a reckless driver, that's a lot different.
    A reckless driver causes accidents even if he's doing 20mph..
    personally i think drugs and liquer are a far bigger problem to traffic then speeding

Having said that i have to say i can understand the pain of people that where involved by accidents where people did drive fast... but i hope you can understand that i think that where reckless drivers

7. Lounge   -   #27

I see a wide spectrum of views out there in cyberland. I suggest, that all the hypocritical shit shovers should look at thier own driving styles. 105 on a motorway is a lot safer to other road users than some dick who pulls out of a junction in the face of incoming traffic. oh yeah, I dont want to heal, I just want loads of money

8. Lounge   -   #28
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    all we can offer is our opinions, did you even listen to some people in this topic?

People whos lives have been ruined by dicks like you?

105 on a motorway maybe, but didnt you say you couldnt see the policemen round the corner? How many motorways do you know that have corners tight enough so you cant see someone on the other side? And even if you do, going at that speed can cause you to lose control very very easily

What car were you driving?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    It could be argued that a student who can afford a car that can do 105 can afford a fine. I felt fortunate the days mine saw fit to even start.

What will happen will depend on which country you are in and the road you were on. In the UK although the speed limit on a motorway is 70 you are unlikely to be penalised if you are doing 75/80 unless you are clocked by one of those little cameras.

If you were doing 105 on a country road (60 mile limit) or worse, a restricted zone at 40 or 30 mile limits you are in big trouble. Depending on the judge, they could be dusting off the black cap.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yeah i also have the same view as jetje, there are times where they speed limit can be broken, without putting anyone in danger.
    in most cases i wouldnt say speed is the major factor/cause in an accident, it may results in more injury, but that doesnt mean it was the cause, the poor standards of driving are. and ive seen alot of stupid driving, and ive only been driving about 2 years.
    and i abotu got taken out by some stupid dottery old woman,

i had my girlfriend and her firend int he car. i was doing about 75 on the motorway, and the old wifey was doing maybe about 65. i started to overtake her, proper manoveres etc. and a on sliproad was coming up so she just started pulling over to the other side of the road while i was right next to her. and she never even seen me, she about shat her self when i peeped my horn, itwas at night so she should have at least seen my lights next to her. if she had hot my car i woulda hit into the kerb propably, and hitting a kerb at 75 i wouldnt have got of lightly i would have thought, theres nothing wrong with speeding really its reckless speeding, and driving,
    and also the same thing as rgx, people who sit ont he wrong lanes in motorways,

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast