Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheapest 'n Best Tv Tuner Card

Poster
    My advice is to stay away from the ATI Wonder VE. I had many problems with mine (the software & drivers, specifically) and it never really worked that great. But my new AverMedia UltraTV PCI 300 card works perfectly and I've been very happy with its features and performance - plus I can use other capture software (like VirtualDub) with it, unlike the Wonder VE.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    if u want a tv-in/out get ati all in wonder

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by DrSpud@29 October 2003 - 16:06
    plus I can use other capture software (like VirtualDub) with it, unlike the Wonder VE.
    TV Wonder VE works fine with VirtualDub. i use it all the time. maybe ATI's drivers were broken when you tried to use it, but they work now. the quality isn't spectacular, but i am able to make acceptable-quality uncompressed AVI captures off cable TV & VHS tapes with VirtualDub. and it works alright with tv tuning programs like WinDVR.

ATI's current drivers do provide correct operation in WindowsXP. the only problem i've really got with it is the limit on the resolution of AVI captures. i think it's limited to 320x240, 352x240, 352x288 and 640x240 (which creates a very wide, squished image, but i guess it should look okay if you change the aspect ratio when you convert it to a different format).

i do not doubt that there are prolly better consumer-level capture cards available at an affordable price though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Originally posted by bronco@29 October 2003 - 15:19

Can anyone confirm that the WinFast TV2000 XP Expert does not have
    a Tv-out ( like i think it does'nt?)

Ta
    I'll ask this question again for the final time, then i'll leave you alll alone

Does anyone know??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12