Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HDBits should never open its doors ...

Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    ya know i got to thinking ... when i saw that HDBits has about 3,000 spots for new members.

cause this site is very special for anyone having a high-def TV and a good internet connection. but really they should never open up and allow invites to the site. this would let a lot of riff-raff in, people who just don't belong there.

it is a special site because it has so much content and you can get it at high speeds. also there are never any police letters going out like hey why were you sharing this on hdbits.... if they let a bunch of trash in i'm sure it would happen

so in conclusion i think the site should really remain a prized jewel and most people should never even consider to get in cause the site should never open up and allow any more invites.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yes of course, there are no bad eggs in there.

Oh wait, last time they discussed opening invites we realized that it's full of traders and invite sellers!

Assuming every new member will be trash when there's plenty of trash in there already is pretty terrible logic.

You know, it's pretty easy to say "they should never open again" when you're already a member. I'm sure if you weren't you'd likely have a different opinion.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 06-10-2010 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Yes of course, there are no bad eggs in there.

Oh wait, last time they discussed opening invites we realized that it's full of traders and invite sellers!

Assuming every new member will be trash when there's plenty of trash in there already is pretty terrible logic.
    I couldn't say it better myself.
    Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures.Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother!%$@%# upside the head!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    You're just feeding the elitists in the community by saying such things.

I, too, have gripes with people that know nothing about HD systems or good pq, people that assume less grain is better, people that have issues with the size of a movie etc. I would hate it to death knowing people like that would make it in. But if they were to open, I know incredible people would make it in, as well.

People like ca_aok and a couple of friends of mine who understand the significance/practical uses of transparency/fidelity.

No torrent site is exempt from authorities making it in. A "normal" person such as yourself made it in. What makes you think someone whose job involves infiltrating trackers wouldn't be able to?
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ringhunter View Post
    No torrent site is exempt from authorities making it in. A "normal" person such as yourself made it in. What makes you think someone whose job involves infiltrating trackers wouldn't be able to?
    This. The only reason you're getting the occasional letter at a place like TL is because the swarms are big enough that it'd be impossible for the staff to cross-reference the identity of the infiltrator from the snatch list.

I'd assume all trackers have been infiltrated unless it's composed of people who only know each other IRL.
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    You took the time to sign-up just to post an lolcat?

Congratulations, you're the world's worst troll.
    Ellipses go here.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    ya know i got to thinking ... when i saw that HDBits has about 3,000 spots for new members.

cause this site is very special for anyone having a high-def TV and a good internet connection. but really they should never open up and allow invites to the site. this would let a lot of riff-raff in, people who just don't belong there.

it is a special site because it has so much content and you can get it at high speeds. also there are never any police letters going out like hey why were you sharing this on hdbits.... if they let a bunch of trash in i'm sure it would happen

so in conclusion i think the site should really remain a prized jewel and most people should never even consider to get in cause the site should never open up and allow any more invites.
    Strange I never took you for an idiot before .I guess I need to update my files.

Idol also wonders if Rainman would be so contrite if he was not already a member.

PS I have a better HDTV than you so clearly I'm superior in all important ways known to idiot.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Why does old member from an elite tracker must be so harsh to new member?. Even a senior hacker is willing to teach the newbie everything important (Not all of his secret though).

A tracker isn't supposed to be a business field. But it seems like that nowadays.
    Last edited by dandraesley; 06-10-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Double posted

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    A number of the VIPs are selling invites still. I'm sure accounts are traded and sold even more often.

There are never any "police letters" going out at most private trackers.

Although I agree that the longevity and comprehensive selection of torrents is superior, most of what is uploaded there (particularly the popular movies/tv) is uploaded to other torrent sites or usenet. There are no complete mirrors of the site, but I think most people would be satisfied without having access to some of the stuff that is still being seeded from years ago or the tv caps that do not make it elsewhere.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    ^ He knows what he's doing

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast