Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Idea To Stop Accidental Spam

Originally posted by Adster@5 November 2003 - 23:38
    No, I don't think so.

I think he's talking about spam as in advertizing or posting nonsense
    well in that case he should not have the word Accidental
    Accidental i guess what he might have meant was, few people dont read the rules and start promoting their websites. They are just not aware of. Apart from few clumsy people on the board whom we have, a normal person who knows its not allowed wont do it hence doing it unknowingly is accidental. At least, thats what i make of it.

Cheers!
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    I think it would be unfair to punish all newcomers just because there are a few silly people who come in here to promote their own commercial websites.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984@6 November 2003 - 04:56
    I think it would be unfair to punish all newcomers just because there are a few silly people who come in here to promote their own commercial websites.
    so true so true and its not even n00bs who advertise and what is gonna stop them after they meet a certain requirment for postin?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i meant accidental because a number of noobs come in and all post the same post. often in movieworld. because they dont bother searching for it and dont know to use requsts for requests.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Jayhawk's Avatar Rock Chalk Jayhawk BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by TheDave@6 November 2003 - 11:27
    i meant accidental because a number of noobs come in and all post the same post. often in movieworld. because they dont bother searching for it and dont know to use requsts for requests.
    yeah i understand waht you mean it would be cool if it worked but i think there would just be tons of n00bs posting in random topics like why cant i start a thread and stuff

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    PAiNKiLLER
    Originally posted by KwahyaJ+6 November 2003 - 23:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KwahyaJ @ 6 November 2003 - 23:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@6 November 2003 - 11:27
    yeah i understand waht you mean it would be cool if it worked but i think there would just be tons of n00bs posting in random topics like why cant i start a thread and stuff [/b][/quote]

I agree to that. Its quite not easy...

Image Resized

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Not easy but doable. You could make a pinned topic in Lounge "Why Cant I Post a New Topic" and mention there about the criteria about the minimum posts. In Lounge they can still start so thats not a problem.
    Whatever change comes it does require effort, nothing is done overnight because of a thought. Guestroom was removed everyone started posting against it. But now people think it was a good idea. Whenever an idea is suggested it meets opposition first before meeting any people who like it. Why is that? Or we know that it wont happen so why to support it anyways

I dont know what the admins or the mod think about this, but to me it sounds a fair idea. (Although I dont know how many newcomes we are getting -actual statistics so that this is rule is actually effective and not something that is lying around uselessly)
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123