Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mirc Needs More Anime.

Poster
    Actually, almost ALL fasubgroups have channels on different irc servers. Find out what you want, find a group that has subbed it, find out where the group can be found.

irc.aniverse.com is popular.

I hardly get any anime from IRC these days, used to when it was the only way to get subs tho ^^

As IRC-nets change rules, groups change nets. There are loads on aniverse tho. You may also try irc.mircx.com.

edit:

btw, most anime is spread by bittorrent these days. There are also *loads* of dc++ hubs that are anime only.

check link in sig, check link section, I am sure you will find more than enuff.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    with those newsgroup things, is there a site simmilar to ircspy or packetnews.com where you search the anime you want, then you click the number, then you paste the code, and it starts to download ?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by shinzuiski@5 November 2003 - 16:17
    with those newsgroup things, is there a site simmilar to ircspy or packetnews.com where you search the anime you want, then you click the number, then you paste the code, and it starts to download ?
    the titles of the newsgroups are kinda give-aways

just select a newsgroup u like and subcribe

but you could visit http://www.nfonews.com/ for file on newsgroups

but the site is not a auto indexing site, ppl submit the info to the site, quite inefficient actually

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Go to http://baka-updates.com
    They are a collection of hundreds of fansub groups. They have MirC links for each and every group. They also have a ton of Bittorent links, but are primarily IRC. They also list releases by each group. Baka-Updates is by far the number one site for what you're looking for.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    baka updates just has a list of who fansubs what, it doesnt have any mirc quick links.

even when you join the mirc channel of a particular fansub group, how can you download from them ? they dont have any links or anything.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Baka Updates does have MirC links....I wish I could post screenshots to show you. Go to groups, then it's there for each one. There's many tutorials on how to download using Irc....it's really complicated and lengthy so I can't post anything here. Go to any one of them and ask for a tutorial site....I'm sure someone will gladly help you.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    i already know how to download from mirc. my problem is that i cant find a decent freekin site that has any quick links to anime so i dont have to fuck around with this news groups bullshit.

my first question was if there is any sites that have quick links to anime, all i wanted to know is if someone knew of a site like that or not. i didnt want bittorent because there hundreds of bittorrent anime sites, wich btw hardley ever work.

even the anime-empire bittorrent links dont work, and when they do its downloading at 2kb a sec.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    I wasn't advertising baka-updates as a bittorent site, esp. since I already said their main thing is IRC. That's the quickest one out there. It's pretty quick if ya think about it. Pick a series, go to "series info" then find a group that subs it. Then ya click on that group's MirC link then download the anime via IRC directly from their bots. I don't know what more you want. If you want one main IRC channel that has ALL anime, well, gomen, but I really think that's a far fetched dream. Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE it if there were such a thing, but there's just too many channels as it is.

I don't think one site could host lots of anime not via bittorent because hosting costs money. That'd cost so so so so much money.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    ok looks ill say it again.

i just want to know if there is a site like ircspy or packetnews.com that searches irc for anime.

baka updates doesnt help me, ill explain why now.

ok, i choose chobits, it sais that AnimeJunkies, Anime-Fury, Anime-Network all sub this series, Ok now animejunkies site doesnt work, anime-fury's site doesnt have a mirc channel and anime-network doesnt have a mirc channel either.

therefore, baka-updates hasnt help me what so ever.

before i say anything else, do you understand what im asking ?

is...there....a....search...engine....that.....you.....can....search.....for....anime.....and.....it....tells....you.....wich.....channel.....has.....that.....anime.....

YES/NO.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    whoa there buddy....just trying to help.
    no...there...is...no...magical...search...engine...that....does...the...impossible...task...you...want.
    but baka updates CAN connect directly to animejunkies and anime network's IRC channel...you're right about anime-fury. i don't see them in group listings at all. wonder why? too many to keep up with everything perfectly for them I guess. i really wish there was a search engine like you looked for. it would be such a wonderful thing. but alas....not all dreams get answered *whisks away in a whimsical manner showing nothing can drag her down*

oh ya...just in case you or someone else reading this wants it, here's the direct baka updates link that will let you directly get onto animejunkies or anime networks irc channel. if you don't want this, just ignore it. don't get all pissed off and flame me....that won't accomplish anything good.
    http://baka-updates.com/index.php?page=gro...t=true&rpages=0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast